Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 09-18-2004, 11:56 AM
FaceZ Of DeaTh

Default What breed

I am getting a new dog. I wanted a strong exotic guard dog. I have narrowed it down to either a bovier des flanders or a standard schnauzer after extensive research. Before i make a 13 year comitment to a large dog does anyone know any more down sides to one of the breeds to help me make a final decision.
Old 09-18-2004, 05:31 PM
Are you dead yet?

OK, if it's not being too intrusive, don't you have a BABY rottie mix already? I'm not telling you NOT to get a new dog, but if you get another pup now, not only will your new pup be completely wrapped up in loving your other pup, but they BOTH will prefer each other's company to yours.
Besides that, your rottie/ACD mix will gladly guard your house.

Bouviers and Giant Schnauzers are generally VERY dominant breeds, they require a lot of exercise and training and LOTS of socializing.
Old 09-18-2004, 09:55 PM
Top Dog

Yeah I agree..you already have one dog...why another one so quickly?
Old 09-18-2004, 11:02 PM
FaceZ Of DeaTh

i can control dominating dogs my mini poodle isnt realy mine. my parents said i can get a third dog becuz i have big yard and all i do is play with my dogs. i am goanna get 1 i just need ur opinion on which breed
Old 09-19-2004, 02:13 AM
Are you dead yet?

I don't think you get my point.
If you get another dog now, they aren't going to WANT to play with you, unless you keep them strictly separated (which I'm doing with my Papillon and Border collie, and it's a pain in the butt and I always feel guilty that I'm giving one less attention than the other) They are going to want to play with EACH OTHER because two young dogs raised with one another will bond like glue to each other, and you will feel like the 'outsider'.

Why don't you just give your female pup a chance? What is she, 4 months? 5? NO dog is going to guard its territory zealously at 5 months old.
Old 09-19-2004, 02:31 PM
FaceZ Of DeaTh

I want them to play with each other. And i have already ahd dominating dogs so dont say that.
Old 09-19-2004, 03:27 PM
Are you dead yet?

You have dominant dogs. Give me a BREAK.

What happened to your thread with your puppy urinating submissively? That is NOT A DOMINANT DOG. (NO pup that I've ever seen submissively urinate has ever been a dominant dog)
If you think that's dominance, you haven't SEEN dominance, and if you get a smart, alpha-breed like a Scnauzer or a Bouv, you're gonna have BIG problems.

You should read up, talk to trainers, talk to breeders, and RESEARCH for a few MONTHS, not weeks, on dogs in general, because, not to be rude, you don't know much about them. And to have a guard dog, you need to know a lot about them.

I'm sorry to be mean, but you seem to have an unnatural obsession with guard dogs and dogs that bite, and if I were a breeder I wouldn't feel comfortable selling you one of my pups or grown dogs.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:32 AM
Top Dog

You want them to play with each other? I don't wanna be rude but how old are you? You are coming about as a very immature and inexperienced individual to me...according to your posts anyways..if you have one dog..and it already seems like this dog is a large breed...that should be more than enough for you..focus on just this one dog...exercise it properly..feed it the right food..do alot of research on the breed...it seems like you've already gotten bored of your pet and are looking to a new one.. I find this as irresponsible ownership..and I'm surprised your parents are letting you do as you please...allowing you to get a new dog and all..

Please be a responsible and knowledgeable owner by first educating yourself on the dog you already have. You have posted some extremely uneducated and naive comments on this board which are strictly telling me that you probably weren't even ready for the dog you currently have...you don't need another pet...unless you want to cause yourself, your parents..and most importantly the dogs..alot of trouble..

My personal comments here come from what I've noticed in your posts...I don't want you to be offended...but instead..seriously think about what you're doing..my sole purpose of being in any dog related forum is to educate myself, educate people..and ensure the best outcome for both owner and especially..pet..

*Steps off soapbox*
Old 09-20-2004, 03:53 PM
Active Pup

Why is it everyone can post what's on their mind but I cannot, even when my post is MUCH helpful??? Why is my photos removed from my upload that were there all year, and why can't I contact Chazhound through email???????? WHAT IS GOING ON???
Old 09-20-2004, 06:12 PM
FaceZ Of DeaTh

Hey due i wnat my dogs to play with each other you know why? Because they can keep each other company when i am home. My dad is a border agent and he handles dogs. He knows a lot more than you. You guys are so rude. i come here to asks questions because i dont live with my dad any mroe after the divorce. i ned help and all you guys do is critisize me and call me inexpreienced. you guys dont have any reason behind your statements you just insult me