Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 08-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Kim

Default Results are in (DNA test)

It says Reno is predominately Akita... surprise surprise and HOW ironic since I went to get a Boxer/American Bulldog and there was no picture. I had two Aktias before and said after the first one no more and the second and now third (well this one is a mix) were totally unplanned. Reno was not supossed to be Akita at all!! So ironic. Destiny for me to own Akitas I guess!

Next it said Doberman and some Bulldog. Here is his picture for anyone that has not seen it yet. Weird thing is I never would have thought Doberman but the other day this lady told me he looks a lot like a mix they had and she knew the Mom was a Doberman.

Zipo - Miniture Poodle - 10 years old
Kiko - Chihuahua - 4 years old
Reno - Mix - a year in November
Old 08-07-2009, 12:55 AM
F150 and a .30-06

Cant see the pics. But I dont put much stock in the tests. Buddy'sParrents did one and he was part maltese LOL

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 08-07-2009, 06:59 AM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

I dont put much stock in them either. We groom what is clearly a yorkie/maltese mix and the DNA test can back as a corgi, poodle, pom cross.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Top Dog

Did you send them a picture ???

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd View Post
Did you send them a picture ???
NOPE no picture at all. That is why I don't get it when ppl say they don't put much stock in them. I could have sent my Poodle or Chihuahua's blood. How could they be this close?

I don't know why my photo bucket didn't work but let me try again (he is the large dog in my signature and the one above).

Old 08-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Kim

Also, when people would ask me what he was 90% said they thought Akita and I was thinking "no way, it would be way too ironic since I tried so hard to find another large breed of dog. HOW could I end up with an Akita again when there was no picture when in the ad I responded to and the ad said Boxer/American Bulldog mix???"

The Bulldog part in the results is the smallest and they say that with that part it could be a little off. Meaning he could be a pitt, American Bulldog, etc. Or not a bulldog at all. It all depends on how the results are worded.

It is true that some of the test results are not real accurate and they tell you this. If you have a dog that is very mixed for example it is more of a guessing game and not totally accurate (that is what I thought I was going to get back). With Reno they said the first two were predominate (more Akita then Dob) and the Bulldog was so low it might not be accurate.

That would explain how some would not get real close results like you mentioned above. I have been checking around for months and looked at pictures of dog on their web site (you do not send the picture till after you get the results) and there was a dog that looked full pitt, they had him as an American Staffordshire Terrier with Staffordshire Terrier. So some are very accurate and some are not depending on the much of a mix there is. They do tell you this.

I am just happy mine didn't come back more unclear.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Twin 2.0

That's probably one of the more accurate results then...usually they are so far off it's laughable.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:55 AM
My house is a zoo

Which one did you use? I've always wanted to give it a try with one of my dogs, just out of pure curiosity!
Old 08-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
That's probably one of the more accurate results then...usually they are so far off it's laughable.
Some on the web site were close like mine. Like I'd look at the picture and guess and be pretty much right. Then there were others that seemed a bit off but not way off. Like I might see Chihuahua and they didn't mention that. Then again a Pom could look like a chihuahua if mixed with something else too.

The important thing to me was to not send a picture! Anyone could guess my dog had Akita (as much as I tried to deny it.. lol). Also, like I said this one lady said she had a dog that looked a lot like Reno and the mom was a Dobe. So I'm thinking mine are pretty accurate.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnwalker2 View Post
Which one did you use? I've always wanted to give it a try with one of my dogs, just out of pure curiosity!
Wisdom Panal MX. Reno should be on there now. I registered last night with a photo and the results. Here is the website:

Dog DNA Test | Mixed Breed Analysis | Canine Breed Testing