Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Stories

Old 11-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Puppy Dog

It didn't leave me feeling good.
Without giving too much away, I think if you like actual car racing, you're a step ahead. I do not.
I skipped whole paragraphs because I do not like any sports, and had no problem following the story anyway.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Active Pup

I've heard really good things about it from another of people, but also heard it was a bit sad. I happen to be into racing, so probably a little better for me, and just ordered it for my father in law who is also into racing and dogs.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Aroooooo!

I've finished it! My parents are big Formula One racing fans. We know a guy whos one of the top guys and everything so they always go see them when they're close. So I know a little bit about racing.. This is different though, but car racing always interested me.

The book was really good. Not so much about the dog, but just from the dogs POV. I really enjoyed it.

"Be it through intention or ignorance, our successes and our failures have been brought on by none other than ourselves." The art of racing in the rain.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Aroooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martins View Post
can someone please tell me what it is about???
sure!
Quote:
If you've ever wondered what your dog is thinking, Stein's third novel offers an answer. Enzo is a lab terrier mix plucked from a farm outside Seattle to ride shotgun with race car driver Denny Swift as he pursues success on the track and off. Denny meets and marries Eve, has a daughter, ZoŽ, and risks his savings and his life to make it on the professional racing circuit. Enzo, frustrated by his inability to speak and his lack of opposable thumbs, watches Denny's old racing videos, coins koanlike aphorisms that apply to both driving and life, and hopes for the day when his life as a dog will be over and he can be reborn a man. When Denny hits an extended rough patch, Enzo remains his most steadfast if silent supporter.

"Be it through intention or ignorance, our successes and our failures have been brought on by none other than ourselves." The art of racing in the rain.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Top Dog

This book just left me feeling sad and crummy

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 03-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Top Dog

Wow..seems like a lot of you have read it. I have not but looks like I should hit up amazon and snag a copy. Thanks for the recommendations..seems like a good book.