Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-02-2009, 03:00 PM
tessa_s212

Vets are a business and they can't always give free services. My advice is to go ahead and get a check up to make sure she's okay and a first set of vaccs, then put her up for adoption yourself (assuming you can't find a rescue willing to help).

Also, do be sure to spread the word that there's an available pup on lab forums. Just google Labrador Retriever Forums and there are a few excellent ones out there. Others may even be able to take her on, foster, and adopt her out for you.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:18 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Wonder if there are any more pups out there..I hope not. GOod luck with your foundling.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 08-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Top Dog

Omg, she's flipping adorable!!! I just love puppies.

Please keep us updated. And please check in with us before putting her to sleep -- I may be able to help.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Water Junkie

She's not getting PTS. LOL

I'm pretty sure it was just nerves/shyness/scared the first day when she was acting like that. She was even froggin' tonight with her back legs.

She's got some ant bites on her stomach it seems like, all fleas are dead, but she's still got a few sores on her neck area.

Smkie, I went back to where I found her to see if there were more pups and I haven't seen any yet. I really think it was a dump

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 08-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Top Dog

No need for the snarky LOL, as I was just trying to help. You said just yesterday that you still may have to put her to sleep, and I would appreciate it if you would check in first since, as I said, I may be able to help.

At any rate, I am thrilled that she seems to be doing better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
She's not getting PTS. LOL

I'm pretty sure it was just nerves/shyness/scared the first day when she was acting like that. She was even froggin' tonight with her back legs.

She's got some ant bites on her stomach it seems like, all fleas are dead, but she's still got a few sores on her neck area.

Smkie, I went back to where I found her to see if there were more pups and I haven't seen any yet. I really think it was a dump
Old 08-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Water Junkie

My internet was out most of the afternoon.

No snarky from me. But read my other posts and you will see that I've all ready covered the whole PTS thing.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 08-02-2009, 11:01 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

In that case, I am demanding more pictures. She reminds me of Enzo.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:29 PM
Felurian

HEY, JENN!!!! LOOK HERE!!!! United Animal Nations : Programs : LifeLine Grants

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Water Junkie

Thanks Renee. But I think she'll be going to the HS I like in Dothan. Last night was terrible. I was up every 2 hours with her, and I'm back in school now, and I just can't do that. I don't have the time or energy to keep this up. I'm really sad, as I wanted to wait and see if she could get in a Lab rescue, but I can't. I haven't slept but probably 8 hours since finding her. And my own dogs are suffering because she needs my attetion all the time.

l ~Jennifer~ l
Old 08-04-2009, 01:04 AM
Top Dog

http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t102001-2/ - list of lab rescues in your area on page 2 (I believe it's post 14?).

Good luck!