Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Fila Love

I'm glad you found her, and took her home. Luckily she didn't get run over. Kudos to you Lizmo for helping the pup. I'm hoping for a happy ending.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Water Junkie

Me too. But I'm trying to not get attatched if something is wrong with her and she goes to a Lab rescue or if it's so bad that she needs to be PTS (Like it or not, I won't let her suffer if the vet says it's bad).

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 08-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
I think she was dumped. Because the place she was dumped isn't that close to a neighborhood, and I can't see this pup walking that far in her own. She's sticking to me like glue right now. Also, the place she was dumped is next to a busy highway. She's also very shy around hands. If you call her to you, she comes running over, then goes flat on the ground if you put your hand out. She's also got alot of scratches/cuts on her (they've been cleaned up tho).

Guys, geeze. I'm not doing to have the dog PTS if nothing is wrong. I do NOT have the funds for x-rays or surgery IF something is wrong. There isnt anything I can do about that. And I WILL contact a Lab rescue before I have her PTS IF something is wrong with her leg/hip.
Omg, what a face! I'm so glad you found her

And regarding the PTS thing, I think a few of us misinterpreted your first post. It kind of sounded like if the vet wanted to do any sort of testing, that you'd just automatically have the pup put down rather than put her in a rescue, etc. so I think some of us just panicked.

Just so everyone understands, and please correct me if I'm wrong but this is my understanding at this point.. The pup will be brought to the vet, and if it requires expensive testing and xrays you'll not have that done and try to find a rescue. The pup will only be put down if the vet declares her terminal or something to that effect otherwise she'll be placed with someone that can get her the medical care she may need.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Felurian

I sent Zoomer an e-mail and a text message. She's tied up tonight, but she'll see it

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinth View Post
\Just so everyone understands, and please correct me if I'm wrong but this is my understanding at this point.. The pup will be brought to the vet, and if it requires expensive testing and xrays you'll not have that done and try to find a rescue. The pup will only be put down if the vet declares her terminal or something to that effect otherwise she'll be placed with someone that can get her the medical care she may need.
If the rescue will take her and do what needs to be done, yes. If they won't and no one can taker her/do what needs to be done, I will have her PTS.

Thanks Renee

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 08-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Felurian

Awww . . . she may be missing some fur, but that tail is wagging!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Water Junkie

Oh the tail wags all the time. LOL And she's a Lab. She LOVES to dump her water over and play in it.

l ~Jennifer~ l
Old 08-02-2009, 08:55 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

poor baby. I hope you find answers soon.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 08-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Top Dog

A-w-w...she's really super cute. I doubt that anything is so wrong that she'd have to be pts. A Lab rescue ought to be able to help and maybe a vet will take care of her pro bono since no one apparently owns her. (?) I can't imagine losing a puppy that young. It does seem like she was dumped. But who knows? Good luck. Kudos to you for saving her.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Water Junkie

Well, dad said he saw a house off the road, back in the woods with a black female dog walking around. So we went and check it out - the man said he didn't loose a dog. That was about our only hope. No one in our neighborhood knows the pup.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. This is very hard. I'm pretty sure nothing is wrong with her legs and she runs, jumps, sits, squats, etc fine. I think she might have been abused because she was VERY VERY hand shy when I first picked her up. Now she LOVES my family.

I think I might keep her a week and see if there are any lost ads in the paper.

If I take her to a vet what will they do? I just want to make sure she's healthy to be around my dogs.

l ~Jennifer~ l