Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Old 08-01-2009, 05:30 PM
I'm All Ears

Default Trey

Today we helped dear old Trey over the bridge. I can't tell you all how much it hurts. We knew it was coming but it still came rather quickly and unexpectedly. He was a sweetheart albeit a bit strange and loony at times. He was a simple creature, a scratch on the back and a piece of human food would make him happy. He loved to love life. I'd take him outside and he'd just sun and sniff the air. In his younger years, he was probably the most gorgeous dog I've ever seen. He was always getting compliments about how beautiful he was. In his older years we became very attached to each other. He followed me around 24/7 and wouldn't go out to the bathroom unless I came with him. He was such a good boy and will be very missed.

May he meet up at the bridge with my past shelties. I know my old Nik especially has a word or two for him. (Or more) Those two were inseparable.

Here's some of my favorite pics from over the years:

And my favorite pic of him ever:

For the first time since I was 9, I don't have a sheltie in the house. It feels so empty.

Run free, Old Man.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Top Dog

I am so sorry to read this !!!! What a wonderful , loving life Trey had ! My candle once again burns for you all . ((( Hugs ))) . You've had a rough year .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Top Dog

I'm so sorry! I loved seeing pictures of him...he always looked so peaceful and happy. RIP Trey. You will be missed.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:07 PM
swimming upstream

aw Laur--((BIG HUGS))
Old 08-01-2009, 06:14 PM
The "Other" Sister

I got Trey for my third birthday. Laur was jealous because she had to wait longer to get a dog. But, I ended up with Trey when he was about a year old already. I thought he was the coolest thing ever because when we babysat him once, he had been trained in agility and jumped over our couch. I immediately knew that I wanted THAT dog because he could do all these cool tricks.

He was a good dog. A really good dog. One of the most beautiful Shelties I've ever seen (and I've seen a LOT). People always talked about how beautiful he was. When my dad and I were taking him in today, people still kept saying how beautiful he was, even though he looked all old and scraggly compared to his younger pictures. He had a way with making you laugh all the time. He'd just do something, make a weird noise, or bump into something and it'd break the silence and have people laughing. He was just such a good dog. I'm going to miss him a lot. And I know the other dogs will. Especially Bernard, he loved to lick Trey on the face all the time.

It's just so weird that this happened almost exactly a year since Trey's best friend, Nikki, passed away. I know he'll be happy to see her again (despite the fact she might not be happy to see him again). He's been our 'old guy' for a long time now. It's going to be weird not having him around anymore.

Run free, Buddy.

Thank you for the hugs and condolences. Again, you guys are amazing.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Top Dog

Hugs Emmy .....I'm so proud of how your family handle the sadness you've endured . I'm sure your Mom is smiling to have Trey with her .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Wookie Collie

Laur/Emmy, I found out about this about a half hour ago and I'm still weepy for you guys and your family. So many hugs and Finn kisses. He was an awesome dog.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 08-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Yorkie Love

Laur and Emmy,

My heart is with you today... Trey was a beautiful dog and I always loved seeing his pics and hearing about him.

I know you all struggled with the decision to let him go and I am sure you made the best decision for Trey.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Twin 2.0

I am so sorry, Laur and Emmy. Trey was a gorgeous dog and brought a lot to both your lives. I'm sure he and Nikki are keeping your mom company, one on each side.

RIP Trey.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:48 PM
treehugging clicker freak

(((((((hugs))))))) to you & your family! My heart goes out to you - I hope Trey can run with my Nikki, I miss her so much. Sometimes it feels like it happened just yesterday.

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o