Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 07-30-2009, 12:52 PM
dobesgalore's Avatar
dobesgalore dobesgalore is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanL View Post
If that were a real situation, that dog still didn't ask to turn out that way. It shouldn't be killed. That would be a temperment flaw yes, so being to that extreme (or whatever the fault may be) if that is being passed on then maybe the dog/dogs producing such a fault just shouldn't be bred, if they are producing puppies so bad someone feels the need to kill them. That is certainly not the desired result of breeding.

So when that fearful dog bites some kid, it's OK, because the dog didn't ask to be that way? Now you are sued, your dog is killed anyway, and some kid is hurt. Should the person who has a fearful dog never let it around anyone? What if the person doesn't realize they have a fearful dog and think the showing of teeth, hackles up, head down, looking at you from the corner of it's eyes, tail tucked is how a dog shows protection?
First, ANY dog can bite. Second if an owner dosn't know dogs well enough to read that kind of behavior they don't need a dog. And what has a person done to the dog to cause him to react that way?
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 07-30-2009, 12:54 PM
-bogart- -bogart- is offline
Member of WHODAT Nation.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South East Louisiana
Posts: 3,174
Default

i thought humping was a dominance thing , not a sex thing.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 07-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Criosphynx Criosphynx is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
i thought humping was a dominance thing , not a sex thing.


It can simply be a "im excited and don't know how to express it" thing...

most of the serial humpers (like the kind that will stop at nothing (even pain) to hump other dogs) I've met weren't socialized with other dogs (som' not at all) they are unaware of how to act socially...they can be friendly, and soo excited to see the other dog that it arouses them and they don't know how to handle that social excitement.

At least that is my understanding and what I've observed. I've seen non humpers mount dogs in the middle of a very exciting, friendly situation.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 07-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Cheetah's Avatar
Cheetah Cheetah is offline
Fluffy Corgi Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
Male dogs- hard on every 15 minutes/every time they sit. Only noticed this with intact males. Disturbs company.
My boyfriend's dog is neutered and he pokes his "lipstick" out any time he gets excited. I don't think it has much to do with being altered or not.
__________________

Eevee
14-year-old F Border Collie Mix - My Heart Dog!
Ravinel Fox Magick, CGC (Shippo)
8-year-old M Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Cheetah's Training Blog
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 07-30-2009, 01:00 PM
-bogart- -bogart- is offline
Member of WHODAT Nation.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South East Louisiana
Posts: 3,174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criosphynx View Post
It can simply be a "im excited and don't know how to express it" thing...

most of the serial humpers (like the kind that will stop at nothing (even pain) to hump other dogs) I've met weren't socialized with other dogs (som' not at all) they are unaware of how to act socially...they can be friendly, and soo excited to see the other dog that it arouses them and they don't know how to handle that social excitement.

At least that is my understanding and what I've observed. I've seen non humpers mount dogs in the middle of a very exciting, friendly situation.
hmm cool ! thanks for the info , i will keep it in mind!
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 07-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Romy's Avatar
Romy Romy is offline
Taxiderpy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 9,972
Default

Oddly enough, we own two intact males and they never, ever hump each other. Ever. I was totally surprised because I expected some to happen, but it doesn't.

On the other hand, when my aunt's spayed female poodle mix comes to visit, she tries her hardest to hump both boys. Just weird.

And they don't get hard ons every 15 minutes. Not even close. It happens so rarely I don't even notice.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 07-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Criosphynx Criosphynx is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Oddly enough, we own two intact males and they never, ever hump each other. Ever. I was totally surprised because I expected some to happen, but it doesn't.

On the other hand, when my aunt's spayed female poodle mix comes to visit, she tries her hardest to hump both boys. Just weird.

And they don't get hard ons every 15 minutes. Not even close. It happens so rarely I don't even notice.
My altered female dog will mount the cat...lol In the heat of really exciting play.

Other than that, same here, there are no "lipsticks" and no mounting in any other context.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 07-30-2009, 01:21 PM
smkie's Avatar
smkie smkie is offline
pointer/labrador/terrier
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 54,716
Default

question..do you use fly wipe to keep the flies from eating off the tips of their ears? I am assuming you have flies where you live. I don't think anyone is really exempt from them. THat is a preventative. ANd you say you feed them. Why do you not expect them to kill their own food if you insist that they live a wild life? DO you clip nails? IF you do not remove the dewclaw that is necessary no matter what they run on. I am just curious? What about eye injury? IS the dog expected to go on with one eye since there is no vet care...even tho it could be treated easily? WHat if they need stitches? Do you do that yourself? WHat difference is it between your doing it or a vet?

My male intact dogs have never humped anyone past 3 months old. It is a behavior i put a stop to. Just because they are intact is no excuse. I have seen neutered males that are horrid about it that belonged to other people. So I don't think that means anything as to being neutered or not.
__________________

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary


Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 07-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Xandra's Avatar
Xandra Xandra is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,793
Default

I thought my dog was a bit of a freak at first, but I noticed quite a few photos of "excited" males that were intact, on the internet.

Those that have normal males... consider yourselves lucky

Normally if a dog has an "issue" I will just fix it, but I don't think there's much I can do about that particular one lol
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 07-30-2009, 02:20 PM
-bogart- -bogart- is offline
Member of WHODAT Nation.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South East Louisiana
Posts: 3,174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie View Post
question..do you use fly wipe to keep the flies from eating off the tips of their ears? I am assuming you have flies where you live. I don't think anyone is really exempt from them. THat is a preventative. ANd you say you feed them. Why do you not expect them to kill their own food if you insist that they live a wild life? DO you clip nails? IF you do not remove the dewclaw that is necessary no matter what they run on. I am just curious? What about eye injury? IS the dog expected to go on with one eye since there is no vet care...even tho it could be treated easily? WHat if they need stitches? Do you do that yourself? WHat difference is it between your doing it or a vet?

My male intact dogs have never humped anyone past 3 months old. It is a behavior i put a stop to. Just because they are intact is no excuse. I have seen neutered males that are horrid about it that belonged to other people. So I don't think that means anything as to being neutered or not.
question to you smkie , where does he state in this thread or the other one that he does not go to vet? just reread both entire thread and can not find anymention of him not going to vets when needed. in fact on post # 47 and # 48 of other thread he expliocatly says he will take them in for an emergency.
after reading this forum for years i expected more from you , i guess i shouldn't but i did.
~ walks away wondering about this board and the peeps on it~
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site