Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 07-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanL View Post
If that were a real situation, that dog still didn't ask to turn out that way. It shouldn't be killed. That would be a temperment flaw yes, so being to that extreme (or whatever the fault may be) if that is being passed on then maybe the dog/dogs producing such a fault just shouldn't be bred, if they are producing puppies so bad someone feels the need to kill them. That is certainly not the desired result of breeding.

So when that fearful dog bites some kid, it's OK, because the dog didn't ask to be that way? Now you are sued, your dog is killed anyway, and some kid is hurt. Should the person who has a fearful dog never let it around anyone? What if the person doesn't realize they have a fearful dog and think the showing of teeth, hackles up, head down, looking at you from the corner of it's eyes, tail tucked is how a dog shows protection?
First, ANY dog can bite. Second if an owner dosn't know dogs well enough to read that kind of behavior they don't need a dog. And what has a person done to the dog to cause him to react that way?
Old 07-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

i thought humping was a dominance thing , not a sex thing.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
i thought humping was a dominance thing , not a sex thing.

It can simply be a "im excited and don't know how to express it" thing...

most of the serial humpers (like the kind that will stop at nothing (even pain) to hump other dogs) I've met weren't socialized with other dogs (som' not at all) they are unaware of how to act socially...they can be friendly, and soo excited to see the other dog that it arouses them and they don't know how to handle that social excitement.

At least that is my understanding and what I've observed. I've seen non humpers mount dogs in the middle of a very exciting, friendly situation.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Fluffy Corgi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
Male dogs- hard on every 15 minutes/every time they sit. Only noticed this with intact males. Disturbs company.
My boyfriend's dog is neutered and he pokes his "lipstick" out any time he gets excited. I don't think it has much to do with being altered or not.

Eevee
14-year-old F Border Collie Mix - My Heart Dog!
Ravinel Fox Magick, CGC (Shippo)
8-year-old M Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Cheetah's Training Blog
Old 07-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criosphynx View Post
It can simply be a "im excited and don't know how to express it" thing...

most of the serial humpers (like the kind that will stop at nothing (even pain) to hump other dogs) I've met weren't socialized with other dogs (som' not at all) they are unaware of how to act socially...they can be friendly, and soo excited to see the other dog that it arouses them and they don't know how to handle that social excitement.

At least that is my understanding and what I've observed. I've seen non humpers mount dogs in the middle of a very exciting, friendly situation.
hmm cool ! thanks for the info , i will keep it in mind!
Old 07-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Taxiderpy

Oddly enough, we own two intact males and they never, ever hump each other. Ever. I was totally surprised because I expected some to happen, but it doesn't.

On the other hand, when my aunt's spayed female poodle mix comes to visit, she tries her hardest to hump both boys. Just weird.

And they don't get hard ons every 15 minutes. Not even close. It happens so rarely I don't even notice.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Oddly enough, we own two intact males and they never, ever hump each other. Ever. I was totally surprised because I expected some to happen, but it doesn't.

On the other hand, when my aunt's spayed female poodle mix comes to visit, she tries her hardest to hump both boys. Just weird.

And they don't get hard ons every 15 minutes. Not even close. It happens so rarely I don't even notice.
My altered female dog will mount the cat...lol In the heat of really exciting play.

Other than that, same here, there are no "lipsticks" and no mounting in any other context.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:21 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

question..do you use fly wipe to keep the flies from eating off the tips of their ears? I am assuming you have flies where you live. I don't think anyone is really exempt from them. THat is a preventative. ANd you say you feed them. Why do you not expect them to kill their own food if you insist that they live a wild life? DO you clip nails? IF you do not remove the dewclaw that is necessary no matter what they run on. I am just curious? What about eye injury? IS the dog expected to go on with one eye since there is no vet care...even tho it could be treated easily? WHat if they need stitches? Do you do that yourself? WHat difference is it between your doing it or a vet?

My male intact dogs have never humped anyone past 3 months old. It is a behavior i put a stop to. Just because they are intact is no excuse. I have seen neutered males that are horrid about it that belonged to other people. So I don't think that means anything as to being neutered or not.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 07-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Top Dog

I thought my dog was a bit of a freak at first, but I noticed quite a few photos of "excited" males that were intact, on the internet.

Those that have normal males... consider yourselves lucky

Normally if a dog has an "issue" I will just fix it, but I don't think there's much I can do about that particular one lol
Old 07-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie View Post
question..do you use fly wipe to keep the flies from eating off the tips of their ears? I am assuming you have flies where you live. I don't think anyone is really exempt from them. THat is a preventative. ANd you say you feed them. Why do you not expect them to kill their own food if you insist that they live a wild life? DO you clip nails? IF you do not remove the dewclaw that is necessary no matter what they run on. I am just curious? What about eye injury? IS the dog expected to go on with one eye since there is no vet care...even tho it could be treated easily? WHat if they need stitches? Do you do that yourself? WHat difference is it between your doing it or a vet?

My male intact dogs have never humped anyone past 3 months old. It is a behavior i put a stop to. Just because they are intact is no excuse. I have seen neutered males that are horrid about it that belonged to other people. So I don't think that means anything as to being neutered or not.
question to you smkie , where does he state in this thread or the other one that he does not go to vet? just reread both entire thread and can not find anymention of him not going to vets when needed. in fact on post # 47 and # 48 of other thread he expliocatly says he will take them in for an emergency.
after reading this forum for years i expected more from you , i guess i shouldn't but i did.
~ walks away wondering about this board and the peeps on it~