Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 07-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Big Dog

Default My Adel gave birth to 10 puppies

Yes, she is 3 years old now and I breed her for the first time. As I wrote earlier, my Saluki live outside a year around here, in Virginia climate. No problem with this, only benefits. They are ready to jump out of their pens and run at any moment, when I am ready. Adel gave birth to pups on July 3 and I know who will buy my puppies. Even while nursing the pups, she does not mind to run for five-ten minutes and even flash a rabbit! She eats 2-3 pounds of ground beef per day and the pups grow rapidly.

Prior to giving birth, she cleaned inside the doghouse, leaving just bare plywood floor. Everything is going on naturally. No vets involved and I do not intervene, except handling the pups.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Remembering Casey ♥

So your proud of this Becaaaaauuuuuusee????
Old 07-11-2009, 09:30 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymomma View Post
So your proud of this Becaaaaauuuuuusee????
*Bite Tounge Comments To Self*

You said it nicer than I could

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 07-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Felurian

Well, it is good to see a bitch delivering without needing intervention. Always good to have access to a vet in case there's a problem though.

Definitely a plus that you've got homes lined up for them. What are your girl's bloodlines? The sire's?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Salty Sea Dog

*sigh* that is all i can realy say to this...

babymomma...well put!

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 07-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Twin 2.0

Can you tell us what your plans for this litter are/why you chose to breed at this time?
Old 07-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Top Dog

he's breeding rustic hunters not lapdogs or fru fru dogs. the exciting things here are that bitch had such strong mothering instincts on her first litter & her constitution is such that she is anxious to run/hunt so soon after delivery. these things are of great concern to people breeding a rustic working dog because they are traits that get passed on to at least some of the pups. and they are an indication of the physical vigor of your line. also this person is from russia or one of the old soviet republics so their english doesn't express well and they may have stopped with what they knew for sure how to say.
i am happy for you. so what kind of game has she caught? is she a sprinter or a stayer? what is the sire's running style? are they consistant workers?
Old 07-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Twin 2.0

I was trying to point out something like the above but couldn't quite remember if my facts were straight or not.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:56 AM
F150 and a .30-06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops2 View Post
he's breeding rustic hunters not lapdogs or fru fru dogs. the exciting things here are that bitch had such strong mothering instincts on her first litter & her constitution is such that she is anxious to run/hunt so soon after delivery. these things are of great concern to people breeding a rustic working dog because they are traits that get passed on to at least some of the pups. and they are an indication of the physical vigor of your line. also this person is from russia or one of the old soviet republics so their english doesn't express well and they may have stopped with what they knew for sure how to say.
i am happy for you. so what kind of game has she caught? is she a sprinter or a stayer? what is the sire's running style? are they consistant workers?
It has nothing to do with fru fru dogs or lap dogs. Saying that is just ignorant. Being a coonhound enthusist, and I am looking at hunting kennels when I get one, I understand the difference. What we dont like is a bitch having puppies outside in a wodden dog house, and the owner bragging about this.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 07-12-2009, 01:35 AM
Felurian

I see what you're saying, Pops, and it makes sense.

Might not hurt for people to step back and do a little shared learning with the other side of the world

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian