Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 07-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Active Pup

He's been wormed by the vet and he's also vacinated against canine distemper, canine parvovirus, canine hepatitis virus.

I haven't been to the vet since its "just the breath", I mean he's fit and happy in all other aspects. Do really think it should be necessary to go there? He isn't ill or anything.. It's just that he stinks.

The oral solution that I use. Do you think it's quality too?
Old 07-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Ho ho ho off.

I can't understand how his breath can be that bad if there is nothing physically wrong and he's on a quality food.

Brush teeth every day and put up with it is my only solution!!

Like I say, it's probably just puppy breath! We have to love our dogs, smells and all.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 07-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Active Pup

The dog has been wormed, and he's also vaccinated against canine distemper, canine parvovirus, canine hepatitis virus.

Since it's "just the breath" I haven't been to vet yet about it. I mean he's happy and fit in all other aspects....

What do you think about the oral solution that I use?
Old 07-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Active Pup

Dublicating my message again... Sorry about it. I just couldn't see if the first one was posted or not... Anyway. Thanks a lot for your answers! Anyone that got any ideas on how to cure this nauseous dog?
Old 07-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Twin 2.0

Can't comment on the breath spray. My guess is your pup is either eating his poo or it's just puppy breath.

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:00 PM
~Lisa~

It is probably puppy breath. But if not, I would take him to the vet. Bad breath can indicate lots of things that are wrong. But at 12 weeks, I would put money on it that ts puppy breath. No it doesnt smell great, but it will go away with time.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:33 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Take your dog to the vet. If it is not normal puppy breath it could indicate a real problem!

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 07-22-2009, 03:55 AM
Taxiderpy

Don't know if this will solve your problem, but we give our dogs a dose of Solid Gold Seameal in both the morning and evening.

I don't know the exact mechanism behind it, but it improves their breath vastly. Maybe the chlorophyll? Possibly? (any thoughts people?) If he goes for a week off of the sea meal, I definitely notice stank breath when he pants in my direction. With the sea meal it's very faint. He can pant next to my head and it doesn't bother me.

At the very least, a bottle will last you forever and it's good for other furry pets you might have (rabbits, horses, cats, etc.) It's high in dietary iodine so gives thyroid support, and has enzymes so helps a bit with loose stool and gas too.

We keep our dog's teeth clean and they eat quality food. Sometimes dog breath is just dog breath, and isn't appetizing no matter how healthy the animal is.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:28 AM
Active Pup

Very thankful for all ideas you're coming up with. The Solid Gold Seameal seems like a good idea... I'll try that before going to the vet. Hope it doesn't indicate anything realy bad!

Anyhow.. If it's just puppy breath, about when is the time of its' natural disappearing? I am afraid it's not just puppy breath since I know that friends' puppys have a distinct breath, but their breaths aren't even close to having the nauseous smell of Albus' (my dogs name) breath... He's a Finnish Lapphund, and I can't find any info on the internet of when the puppy breath normaly disappears on his breed.. Anyone know?
Old 07-22-2009, 07:36 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

TAKE THIS DOG TO A VET!
Excessively bad breath can indicate something very serious!

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/