Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 07-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Active Pup

Angry Bad breath

I had some real problems with my puppy going about doing "a poo-poo" everywhere. It was really annoying, specially because my 1 year old son (already running on his own) found his excrements interesting "toys"... This inicial problem is now solved thanks to eager training, (and he's actually starting to do tricks as well...) but I still have problem with his (the dog's) breath. Anyone having a tip how to improve bad breaths?

I've tried the most, so please come up with some creative ideas. I'm open to everything right now...
Old 07-21-2009, 05:29 PM
Sit! Good dog.

What does your dog eat and how old is it?
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 07-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Active Pup

Angry Nauseous Breath

Hello everybody, I'm new here,

When my puppy was real young I had som serious problems with his excrements. He's going about doing his needs everywhere in my house... I was so glad I could solve this doing some proper training and now he's also started doing tricks and everything...

The reason of this Thread is that I now got a new proplem with my dog. He stinks, I mean you just don't want to go near him anymore... It's his breath, and I dont' know what to do about it. I have tried the most so please come up with some creative ideas. Right now I'm open to everything!

Thanks
Old 07-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Active Pup

Sorry about the dublicating... Wasn't sure it was posted in the first place...

My dog is now 12 week old. Do you think it can be related with the inicial problems with the excrements?
Old 07-21-2009, 05:56 PM
Top Dog

We need more info !!! I'd be more concern with toilet training and the baby playing with stools !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 07-21-2009, 05:56 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Nope, doubt your dogs breath will smell because it eats poo.

At 12 weeks old I imagine it's just "puppy breath"... Young dogs have a distinctive smell to them, it disappears soon though.

What do you feed your puppy? Could be diet.

It's probably a good idea to start getting him used to having his mouth inspected and teeth brushed.

Just let him get used to having a tooth brush in his mouth to begin with.

Lots of treats for good behaviour and only a few seconds at a time, building up slowly.

Use pet friendly toothpaste.

I never actually brush my dogs teeth because I let her gnaw on things which keeps them in good condition, but if you're concerned by smell it might help.

And again, diet is very important.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Active Pup

Alright, thanks a lot... I have tried the diets that they're selling at therabreath.com but they aren't working. Toothpaste works but only for about an hour and afterwards it's just as bad again. Do you got any tips on any particular diets that I could try?
Old 07-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Well, what are you feeding now? And what is the smell like? Is it meaty, fishy, fusty... sounds odd but might help.

At 12 weeks it not going to be plague or gum disease. I'm still betting on puppy breath.... though.

Have you asked your vet?

Old 07-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Active Pup

Stops Dog Breath,use spray - Thearabreathby TheraBreath and Dr. Katz
Thats the oral solution that I use on him...

Food.. For about three weeks I have been giving him Acana Provincial Grasslands Grain Free Dry Dog Food

Do think it's good?
Old 07-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Sit! Good dog.

From what I can see on the net, that food looks to be a quality brand.

Have you seen your vet? Is your dog wormed etc?