Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 08-28-2009, 11:32 PM
Mo Wildlife Rehabber

Default This is sooo not happening.

ok so me and a friend went to go for our evening walk down my driveway ..then down the country road before it rained and we turned off my driveway and at first glance (mind you it was a far off glance) thought we saw a coyote laying in the middle of the road. After calling back my babies who walk loose with me (other than Love and Buddie) We slowly approached and it appeared to be a heeler mix or shepherd (dunno she is medium sized). Just petrified but she looks very pregnant. She could not get to her feet and she thought I was going to hurt her. she has a gash on her face and she doesnt make eye contact. I spoke to her gently and sat down next to her and just pet her for awhile ot sooth her and see how she reacted to me. I tried ot encourage her to stand but she just didnt have the gumption to stand let alone walk back to my house. (couldnt leaver her there) Then I carried her home. I have her alone by herself and she is just infested with Fleas..she is older has nasty teeth and has had litters B4 by the look of her nipples. and she was definitely abused.

ANYWAYS her temp is normal and I wouldnt say she is going have puppies like tonight or anything but my 2 closer vets were already closed and wont open till monday but since neither have Xray or ultrasound my best bet will be to take her an hour away to the vet I use for my Wildlife who can do that for her. But thats not an option till monday. And I can have her chip tested there as well.

MEANWHILE her stool is a bit loose and Im gonna have to do something about those fleas..... and once again bomb my house! third time this summer first was from a Fawn..then My bottle pups now her.

she needs a name, any Ideas?

Ok this is a pic of her.. yeah I know the paint in the backround is HORRID! It looked so good colorwise till I used it Im going to change it when I have Xtra $$ this winter.

O GRR this makes me so mad b/c I am worried she was dumped and now I have the added crazyness of caring for her and possible pups and although I would make it work if I had to I would be ever so glad to not have to. (that is sooo selfish) any Ideas?

Also by your guessing is she pregnant or just fat? (I can handle fat) I wil get better pics tomorrow.

searching all local ads for missing dogs..though with her state I dont know if I want to find her previous owners.

Mandie
Old 08-28-2009, 11:44 PM
Not a lurker

Awww, I'd call her "Blue" (apt name for a cattle dog!) the one I had was fat like that (we called her wide-glide frequently)
She's gorgeous.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Mo Wildlife Rehabber

ok so fat is the norm! that would be a huge Blessing. I like "Blue" for now untill she tells me her name.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:49 PM
Not a lurker

Yeah mine was a red and white ACD and she got tubby...up to 67 lbs at one point while on a DIET. She was spayed too so we knew she wasn't pregnant, just really tubby. It seems like they can be like beagles and are apt to gain weight if not given a ton of exercise.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:57 PM
Mo Wildlife Rehabber

this is awesome news but Ill still have her checked! Im not really used to the ACD breed my only experience with them was helping rehome pup found in a ditch that was a blue heeler and I have only met one is person and that was in passing.

Sorry I was just so worried I was thinking her age...and not knowing who father was spelled C-section and many other vet bills. Not to mention the cost of raising pups. I am just not fully prepared at this momment to do that.

TY

I havent found a single ad.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:58 PM
Felurian

Well, since she's a girl and has such a feminine face, Bluebelle

You're a good person.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-29-2009, 12:03 AM
Mo Wildlife Rehabber

Bluebelle mm I like that!

nah no better than the average human. I just cant say no.. to an animal in need.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Mo Wildlife Rehabber

THX again! I have to go do a round of feedings then head to bed I have to be up EARLY to feed again! so night!
Old 08-29-2009, 01:21 AM
Not a lurker

Bluebelle, what a great name!

BTW, my red and white ACD's name was Blue (blue eyes)...fond memories.

Let's hope she's just tubby and not pregnant!
Old 08-29-2009, 06:57 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I hope her back is not injured...i have found a few that could not move at all and that was why. Poor poor baby. There is nothing sadder than a dog that has given up. Tell her Smkie's awful sorry and prays that it's nowhere but up from here. Bless your soul for finding her and taking her home fleas and all.

She does look more overweight to me.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,