Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 07-19-2009, 11:15 AM
treehugging clicker freak

Default As they call it - ferret math... lol

Izzy is doing VERY well her coat is very soft and glossy. She went to the vet last week and the week before and got her shots. The vet was very impressed with her coat and her sparkle eyes So I have been getting her used to her harness and her carrier (she did not like it at all when going to the vet, so I'm getting her used to it so she'll like it now) so we can go places together
She is not nipping at all, currently, I was having an issue communicating with her that it hurts since she is deaf, but once she caught on she caught on fast! She is a sweetheart and LOVES to play with Maddie. And Maddie plays better with Izzy than any of the dogs (foster or roommates dogs). And after she plays with Maddie and explores the house for a little bit she'll tolerate cuddling lucky me!
I have pet stairs so she can come in and out of her FN cage whenever she wants, when we are home. I only shut the doors of the cage when we are not home, or if we're moving furniture or something, I don't want her to get hurt while she's trying to "help" lol

My roommate/best friend has also fallen in love with Izzy (who wouldn't?! lol) She offers to take care of her all the time, lets her out of the cage when she's home and I'm at work. We've talked about getting Izzy a friend, and she's told me probably a thousand times that she never knew she'd love ferrets this much, and she'd LOVE on of her own. So we kept out eyes open at the shelter, and craigslist and stuff. And yesterday she brought home her baby Annabelle aka Annie. (Annabelle and Isabelle... even I am not that clever about naming LOL)

So Annie and Izzy get on like they are long lost sisters, but I'm lucky in that when out of the cage Izzy still seeks me out and wants to have fun with me (or Maddie!). Annie is unusually cuddely... she fell asleep on my friends lap after introductions to Izzy yesterday. I've told my friend that she'll grow out of that She is completely adorable.

I didn't realize the extent of what the vet was talking about (about her eyes and coat) until we brought Annie home and compaired. Her coat is very bristly and she's pretty smelly :-X
But by watching Izzy I know she is going to catch on to the raw diet quickly, and her coat will be just as amazing in time!
I denied ferret math could strike me, but it did. Hard.

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 07-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Top Dog

Ferret math is unavoidable

I'd have way more than the 3 I do now if my husband wasn't so insistent on keeping it at 3 or less
Old 07-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Twin 2.0

One of my roommates in college had a ferret named Hobbes. He was awesome, though he thought my rats were "fast food" and we had to keep an eye out on that. Otherwise, I would love to have one someday!
Old 07-19-2009, 03:34 PM
Walks into Mordor

Ditto the ferret math! I intended to have only one, and ended up with three. I love Annie! She looks exactly like my Trunks.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I only have one I want more! But my parents are insistent on no more pets lol

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-19-2009, 05:26 PM
Sit! Good dog.

I love ferrets.

One day I may well have a pair.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 07-22-2009, 05:43 PM
Salty Sea Dog

im thinking about trying to talk the roomies to switch their pair of ferts onto raw (right now there on that marshals stuff and its fish based *yicky*)
any suggestions?
id love to know what your ferret meal plan is...
(im also planning on switching the dogs to raw too)

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 07-22-2009, 06:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyWench View Post
im thinking about trying to talk the roomies to switch their pair of ferts onto raw (right now there on that marshals stuff and its fish based *yicky*)
any suggestions?
id love to know what your ferret meal plan is...
(im also planning on switching the dogs to raw too)

I don't feed raw personally, but it's definitely best. Marshall's food is probably one of the worst ferret foods out there. If you can't talk them into raw, see if you can nudge them to a better kibble!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Felurian

I'd love to have a ferret, but alas, anything of that nature is totally out of the question with my dogs

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-24-2009, 04:13 AM
Active Pup

haha renee dont be so sure, i have four crazy dogs and four ferrets. trust me i worry more about the dogs then the little munsters