Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 07-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

Default Prayers for Havoc please.

Last night my ferret Havoc was completely fine he was playful and running about as usual when I fed him. I just went in a few minutes ago and he's not doing well at all. It seems his back legs/hind end isn't working at all and he's not looking very well. We don't have any e-vets here, so I have to wait until tomorrow to take him in. I'm very worried he's not going to make it to morning, prayers please.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upendi&Mina View Post
Last night my ferret Havoc was completely fine he was playful and running about as usual when I fed him. I just went in a few minutes ago and he's not doing well at all. It seems his back legs/hind end isn't working at all and he's not looking very well. We don't have any e-vets here, so I have to wait until tomorrow to take him in. I'm very worried he's not going to make it to morning, prayers please.
Oh no!! Please make sure that you keep him hydrated, even if that means forcing him to drink (with a syringe). With the heat, he could easily/quickly get dehydrated.

And I didn't know you have a ferret!! You should post pics, when you can There's a few of us here lol

<<Vibes>> that he'll be alright!

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Not a lurker

I know absolutely nothing about ferrets so I'm no help, but prayers for your Havoc.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

I put a small bowl in the bottom of his cage near him with water as he was trying to reach his water and he drank some and then just layed back down. D: I just don't know what it could be.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Top Dog

Have you noticed him stare off in to space at all? Could be a blood sugar issue. For my insulinomic ferrets I've always been told to put some honey on their gums followed by a high protein meal. I'm not sure what effect this would have if it's not a blood sugar issue though, so maybe some of the other ferret owners may have an idea. And of course like Jess suggested make sure he's hydrated. If you pinch the skin on the back of his neck it should spring back in place, if it doesn't it shows dehydration.

I hope it's something easily remedied, keep us updated.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinth View Post
Have you noticed him stare off in to space at all? Could be a blood sugar issue. For my insulinomic ferrets I've always been told to put some honey on their gums followed by a high protein meal. I'm not sure what effect this would have if it's not a blood sugar issue though, so maybe some of the other ferret owners may have an idea. And of course like Jess suggested make sure he's hydrated. If you pinch the skin on the back of his neck it should spring back in place, if it doesn't it shows dehydration.

I hope it's something easily remedied, keep us updated.
You too, peektures!! lol there's def not enough ferret pictures on chaz... it's like only me and AllieMackie ever post ferret pics lol

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Oops forgot to add, lol, things that will cause sudden hind weakness are insulinoma, adrenal disease, cardiovascular disease, aleutian disease, and spinal disease.
So I suggest bringing him in to the vet tomorrow, these can be treated, but with meds

Old 07-10-2009, 05:27 AM
Mainstreme Elitist

Havoc passed away very early this morning. I went down to check on him at 5:30 and he was gone. It's a very sad day in our household. While I'm sad that he's gone, it was very clear he was suffering and I'm glad he's no long in pain. I'm sorry I'm not quite sure what to say, we gave him a proper burial with his beloved hammock and favorite toy. He'll be sorely missed.

My beautiful boy.

He loved snuggling this way:
Old 07-10-2009, 07:29 AM
tessa_s212

I'm very sorry. What a cute little guy he was.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

I am so so sorry!

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/