Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Maxy24's Avatar
Maxy24 Maxy24 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 7,742
Default

He is a beautiful boy! Remember that Snowshoes may be a little watered down compared to Siamese, they are a different breed crated through mixing. Now they breed true though. So he may be a little less vocal and in your face, but maybe not.

Just wanted to mention that Siamese are from Thailand (previously Siam), not China
__________________
~Erin~



Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-09-2009, 06:12 PM
4dogs3cats's Avatar
4dogs3cats 4dogs3cats is offline
Aroooooo!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Glendale Arizona
Posts: 2,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy24 View Post
He is a beautiful boy! Remember that Snowshoes may be a little watered down compared to Siamese, they are a different breed crated through mixing. Now they breed true though. So he may be a little less vocal and in your face, but maybe not.

Just wanted to mention that Siamese are from Thailand (previously Siam), not China
ok dont laugh at me, but the only reason i said china was because when i was a nanny the kid always watched Sagwa the Chinese Siamese cat.

OMG! SAGWA!
__________________
~Jennifer

"Be it through intention or ignorance, our successes and our failures have been brought on by none other than ourselves." The art of racing in the rain.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Adrienne's Avatar
Adrienne Adrienne is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,645
Default

Thanks guys, those are some great idea's for names! Keep them coming! We kind of like Jitzu but are still playing around.

Maxy, I have done research on Snowshoes and he is a 'pure' Snowshoe. We do plan on mating him and China once they are all grown up and I am learning the genetics behind what a litter would produce.

Thanks again!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Fran101's Avatar
Fran101 Fran101 is offline
Resident fainting goat
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 12,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dogs3cats View Post
ok dont laugh at me, but the only reason i said china was because when i was a nanny the kid always watched Sagwa the Chinese Siamese cat.

OMG! SAGWA!
I used to watch that 2!! lol loved it!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Maxy24's Avatar
Maxy24 Maxy24 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 7,742
Default

Wait, why do you want to breed!?
__________________
~Erin~



Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Adrienne's Avatar
Adrienne Adrienne is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy24 View Post
Wait, why do you want to breed!?
I would be happy to discuss this with you via pm, this thread is about the new kitten and name idea's and I would like to keep it on topic. Thanks!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Fran101's Avatar
Fran101 Fran101 is offline
Resident fainting goat
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 12,292
Default

hes just the cutest thing! I would love to see pictures of him when hes not so worried! lol

As for names..

Sagwa? lol


Remind me of your girl kittys name, maybe we can find something that goes with that.like tic and tac
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Adrienne's Avatar
Adrienne Adrienne is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,645
Default

Our girls name is China. I like Sagwa but was he a boy? I can't remember it's been so many years since I have saw that show!

Edit to add: I am having her send me some more pictures as he grows since we still won't get him until he is ten weeks which seems like forever from now!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Fran101's Avatar
Fran101 Fran101 is offline
Resident fainting goat
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 12,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne View Post
Our girls name is China. I like Sagwa but was he a boy? I can't remember it's been so many years since I have saw that show!

Edit to add: I am having her send me some more pictures as he grows since we still won't get him until he is ten weeks which seems like forever from now!
Ya, Sagwa was a boy lol I was obsessed with that show as a kid

Hmm.. Maybe name him Russia? lol mind you, this is from the girl with a dog named Kenya

I also like, Fortune (short for fortune cookie)

heres a pretty cool site where you can find a name you like and FIND the chinese equivalent!
Chinese Name and English Name
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Romy's Avatar
Romy Romy is offline
Taxiderpy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 9,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransheska101 View Post
Ya, Sagwa was a boy lol I was obsessed with that show as a kid

Hmm.. Maybe name him Russia? lol mind you, this is from the girl with a dog named Kenya

I also like, Fortune (short for fortune cookie)

heres a pretty cool site where you can find a name you like and FIND the chinese equivalent!
Chinese Name and English Name
Sagwa is awesome, lol.

Her brother in the show is named Dongwa. There is another kids show called Ni Hao, Kai Lan. The male characters on that are:

Rintoo (A tiger)
Tolee (A koala)
Hoho (a tiny white monkey)

My vote however, goes for Meow Tse-Tung.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site