Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 07-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Just try me..

Just on a side note...

The Dekklet's got their first taste of raw today... they are 3 weeks old as of Sat night.

They got a little bit of organ meat ground up with kelp meal and omega eggs (with shell) with a little milk replacer. Their teeth are coming in well so it won't be long before they can have elk rib bones and chicken necks.

I don't know how many books there are.. I just started talking to people who had been doing it, and doing it well for years. I know a couple of breeders who have been feeding all raw for many generations of dogs. Resources like that are worth more than books IMO.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:20 PM
ACoops favorite

Can I have a Dekklet? Please? I think that one of your puppies would make a great addition to my household.

Just teasing (OK- not really, but I have to say that to be polite). They are ridiculously cute! I totally have puppy fever, can you tell?

It sounds like you feed a variety of protein sources and make sure they have lots of calcium. Do you have a blog that I can look at maybe with your meal plans on it as the puppies grow up? How are you balancing the calcium phosphate ratio?
Old 07-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Just try me..

I have found by aiming for the whole prey model 'idea' the ration is inherently balanced. I was a bit worried with Dekka pregnant as she was my first soley raw fed bitch in whelp. I am not too worried about the pups. But I will add what I am feeding them in the Dekklet diaries (what I fed Dekka is in there)