Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Top Dog

Default Looking for Corgi Breeder

Anyone know any good Corgi breeders in the PA/NJ/DE area? We were at an event last night and struck up a conversation with someone at our table who has a corgi who is having health problems and is probably not going to be around much longer. He's looking to get another, preferably a blue merle type color, and I said I'd try yo help him find a quality breeder.

Any links/contacts are appreciated!
Old 07-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanL View Post
Anyone know any good Corgi breeders in the PA/NJ/DE area? We were at an event last night and struck up a conversation with someone at our table who has a corgi who is having health problems and is probably not going to be around much longer. He's looking to get another, preferably a blue merle type color, and I said I'd try yo help him find a quality breeder.

Any links/contacts are appreciated!

These folks are a bit further south, but this is the Mid-Atlantic Cardigan club (I'm a member). CCWCC of Greater Washington DC. Pam Allen, Shirley Hobbs and Anne Taylor all turn out fine dogs (as do, I'm sure, some of the others, but I've spent more time looking at their dogs). I haven't done the groundwork for buying a puppy from any of them (asking all the questions, etc . . .) so I don't know what they do or do not do. But they turn out great, healthy dogs, and they are wonderful people, very dedicated to the breed, and to rescue for that matter. Pam was the person who found us Docket.

I'm certain that if your friend was interested in a puppy, transport would be arranged.

Oh, and Pam is right up in that funny corner of MD where PA and DE touch it.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 07-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Well, if he wants a blue merle, then he's going to have to be getting a cardigan.

I'm not any help with them.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 07-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Top Dog

Oh I came to visit Chazhound at the perfect time!

I'm not sure about in your area, however most breeders are perfectly fine with shipping.

I will send you straight to Regis' breeder, Patricia Sawtelle, however she does not breed Cardigans any longer. She did just get a new bitch last year, but I'm pretty sure her plans are to not breed and her friend will breed for her. However, she will most definitely point your friend in the right direction as far as blue merles go. When I was looking for another Cardigan she really helped me along and put me in contact with a bunch of people. She lives in North Carolina Here's her email:
[email protected]
Just let her know that Carlee & Travis, Regis' parents, sent you!

Some AMAZING breeders to check out for sure, I don't recall where they are located. But these are seriously amazing quality breeders that your friend should HIGHLY consider doing shipping, just because they are that great:
Welcome to the Homepage of Jennifer Roberson - This is like the very top blue merle breeder out there!
Coedwig Cardigan Welsh Corgis - Most beautiful blue merle out there, Carbon.
Faeriesteed Cardigans and St Bernards - This is who I will most likely get my next Cardi from, you definitely should ask her if she plans on any blue merles, I forget if she breeds them or not, I plan on a black and white next.

Good luck! If I can be of help with anything else, let me know!
Old 07-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

You might want to be careful about Faeriesteed . .. when it looked like it might be a very long wait to get a rescue, they had some adult dogs needing to be rehomed, so I asked around about them up here (they are fairly close to the family farm in S. Va) . . . I was told to stay the heck away. I don't know what the reason was, but the answer was so firm that I didn't pursue it (it was over an e-mail chain) It might just be rivalry, but I'd be careful.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 07-20-2009, 01:47 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilavati View Post
You might want to be careful about Faeriesteed . .. when it looked like it might be a very long wait to get a rescue, they had some adult dogs needing to be rehomed, so I asked around about them up here (they are fairly close to the family farm in S. Va) . . . I was told to stay the heck away. I don't know what the reason was, but the answer was so firm that I didn't pursue it (it was over an e-mail chain) It might just be rivalry, but I'd be careful.
Well, I met them and saw their dogs and they were wonderful, I was also sent to them by several breeders. There seems to be several "rivalries" within Cardigans and when you ask for details, there isn't anything but "stay away". I wouldn't be so turned off unless you have details- I mean I could be wrong, but having my experience with them and experience with the "haters"(lol) in Cardigans, I just wouldn't throw a breeder out the window because of it!