Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 09-18-2005, 08:55 PM
no touchy

All three of my dogs are spayed and all of my future pets will be spayed and neutered also. I have no need for more puppies, the world has no need for more puppies.

The reasons people have for not fixing their pets are often so ridiculous - "I don't want him to lose his manliness," "It'll make her fat," "It will wreck her coat," "I don't want his personality to change."
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Twin 2.0

I had the worst time convincing a friend of mine to neuter his dog, because his own masculinity was so tied up in his dog's...silly, silly man.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:44 PM
Rusty but Trusty

I always get my pets spayed or neutered. I don't like the look of "intact" male dogs, I really don't like looking at their "stuff". Also If when it was "my time of the month" and I had to walk around with a visable diaper wrapped around me wherever I went I would die of humiliation. I know I am no where near experienced enough to breed dogs (probably never will be either) so it's best to get them fixed and then not have to worry about "accidents". Puppies are cute, and cuddly, but I think a WHOLE litter would be just TOO much work for someone like me.

Old 09-18-2005, 09:49 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie1234
This is a bit of topic... but, MY THREAD BECAME A STICKY!! Weee! Awesome! So cool! I feel so important now, lol
ROFLMAO! Glad it made you so happy, Richie. You started a good thread about something very important.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Duck Toller Queen

Dogs who aren't neutred at a young age have more behaviorial problems. They also only think about mounting everything in site including your visitors legs.. which is annoying. And the cancer thing I agree with.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:35 PM
Quigleyfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriondw
Because, I dont see any real reason to do it, other then to buy into American vet hysteria
lol, so it's "american vet hysteria" vs. urban legends and old wives tales. interesting concept.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 09-25-2005, 11:20 PM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordy
lol, so it's "american vet hysteria" vs. urban legends and old wives tales. interesting concept.
Yes, I was thinking the same. lol..

If a dog (or its owner! I've seen excellent dogs that are being bred by MORONS!) doesn't have the right stuff for breeding it should be neutered, IMO. Neutering is healthier for the dog. If it isn't going to be used for breeding or shown in conformation, why leave it intact at all? I consider neutering a preventative surgery for testicular cancer.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Top Dog

Very well said.... better than I did my first, second, third...an on and on try. American Vet. Hype...please. For everyone else, good for you.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:52 PM
Top Dog

I see that most if not all of the people here are very passionate about their fids. I know I am brand new to the board and didn't really represent myself as I should have the first few posts, but I wish this whole breeding tread would disappear. It seems that the majority here may have purebreds (I do too, from a shelter). But the whole breeding thing gets my hackles up and I am seeing it's getting others hackles up as well. I understand freedom of speech, and respect that, but from what I can see here, most "animal people" don't respect the concept and are not in favor of it.

I could see having a pure-bred section, (and discussing training, behavior and temperments of certain breeds) but "the breeding ground" sounds like a doggy orgy for profit. Just my 2 cents....
Amy
Old 09-29-2005, 11:53 PM
Top Dog

what about improving the breed look and temperament? Not all breeders breed for the money