Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 09-18-2005, 03:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriondw
No neutering for my dogs, thank you...
May i ask why?
Old 09-18-2005, 03:54 PM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallien Jacks
May i ask why?

Because, I dont see any real reason to do it, other then to buy into American vet hysteria...
Old 09-18-2005, 04:20 PM
Kelpiefied

How about avoiding the risk of testicular cancer? Decreasing the instances of roaming?
I'm a little divided on the aggression issue though. Saying that unfixed male dogs develop aggression because of too much testosterone kind of implies that neutering is a cure for aggression, which it rarely is. Even "whole" dogs should be taught that aggression that inflicts injury is unacceptable.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:33 PM
Felurian

Decreasing the chances of testicular cancer is a big consideration. Some of that can be mitigated by avoiding the carcinogens found in so much commercial food. Dmitri really isn't an owner who is likely to have a problem with Orion roaming and isn't about to breed Orion indescriminately or irresponsibly. He's really not the owner with unneutered dogs that causes me concern, but he is the minority. As with so much of dog ownership, responsibility is the key.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-18-2005, 04:37 PM
Kelpiefied

Some of that can be mitigated by avoiding the carcinogens found in so much commercial food. Very true.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:45 PM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridey_01
I'm a little divided on the aggression issue though. Saying that unfixed male dogs develop aggression because of too much testosterone kind of implies that neutering is a cure for aggression, which it rarely is. Even "whole" dogs should be taught that aggression that inflicts injury is unacceptable.
One of the points I had in mind.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:02 PM
Island dweller

Irresponsible breeding.... the thousands of puppies and dogs that lose their lives in shelters because of overbreeding... genetic conditions and poor temperment that is passed on with poor breeding...
Old 09-18-2005, 05:56 PM
Taco Dog

I just look at this way... I do plan on having children in the far away future. By having my uterus and ovaries, I of course have a great chance of developing cancer in those areas. I also have to endure the "monthly Hell" that is part of every woman. If I did not want to reproduce, and I had the opportunity to remove my uterus and ovaries, boy would I be in line for that!!! I have no use for them other than childbearing.
Same for dogs. It is ultimately in our hands to take away the reproductive organs that are not going to be used. That is, after we make the wise choice not to breed them. Only top-notch, one of a kind, 100% quality dogs and bitches should be bred. By them having these organs, they have an awesome chance to develop cancer. Also, the bitches don't enjoy their time of the month, so if they are not of breeding quality, take that misery away from them. They will appreciate it.

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 09-18-2005, 06:09 PM
Top Dog

excellent point Pro47
Old 09-18-2005, 08:51 PM
Top Dog

This is a bit of topic... but, MY THREAD BECAME A STICKY!! Weee! Awesome! So cool! I feel so important now, lol