Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 06-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Salty Sea Dog

my personal feelings about intentilaly mixing breeds without thought (which while there are some good doodle breeders out there still adhering to the origional thought and attempted purpose of the breed) MOST "desighner" dogs are intentinal mixed breeds by byb's...
ive NEVER met a "well bred cocker-poo, or puggle, or Boggle (beagle x pug x boston) or Bug (pug x boston) ect...

but.
stickign to the oringal question...
around here the most frequent "reason" you hear to buying a doodle is "they are hypoalergenic and dont shed.."
unfortunatly there also a common listing on craigslist "supposed ot by hypoalergenic but my sons still having alergy issues" or "wasnt supposed to shed but does..."

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 06-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Plus One

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybeth727 View Post
Labradoodles were first bred to be guide dogs.... They got the non-shedding coat with the friendliness and "work ethic" of a lab. It's harder to find a poodle with the right temperment to be an assistance dog, they tend to be a little too aloof, not friendly enough in public.
I agree with that but some of the crosses are just weird for example a corkie (no offense to anyone who owns one). People are paying a fortune for something like that and personally i would prefer a purebred or an accidental mix. the only time i would pay for a mixed breed would be to get it from a shelter
Old 06-26-2009, 02:00 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyWench View Post

but.
around here the most frequent "reason" you hear to buying a doodle is "they are hypoalergenic and dont shed.."
unfortunatly there also a common listing on craigslist "supposed ot by hypoalergenic but my sons still having alergy issues" or "wasnt supposed to shed but does..."
I see A LOT of those 2.
"Need to rehome my labradoodle.. I paid a lot of money because they said he wouldn't shed and I wouldn't be allergic to him. He does shed a lot and im very allergic!"
Old 06-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyWench

but.
OMG I see that so often on adds on Kijiji or the paper it really is sad. I have googled Labradoodle breeders and I cannot believe how much they want for a mutt. I personally think it is crazy. Thats just me though. I met my first minature Labradoodle the other day at the dog park. She was the sweetest thing had curly hair, didnt shed she was quiet and kind,But she looked really well bred but I have also seen other ones there too that shed like crazy and look weird. I think its a toss up when going for a Labradoodle.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 06-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Top Dog

foxy
the boggle is supposed to be boston X beagle. while i wouldn't go out of my way to get one, if i saw one at the pound forless than $50 & i was shopping for another dog(s). i'd give it a shot as hogdog/bushing dog/general trouble maker. it's already close to a cross i'd like to try (fox/deer beagle over staffy bull or small pit).
Old 06-26-2009, 04:12 PM
tessa_s212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I will admit the poorly bred one around here is not very attractive. He seems to have gotten a very uneven/wiry coat that you don't see in the multigeneration ones. He's just very very scruffy looking.
THIS is the kind of labradoodle you see in my area. The Truly NOT easy on the eyes ones. I've seen plenty labradoodle via the internet that are cute, adorable and look very loveable. Though, goldendoodles still have win the cuteness factor over labradoodles. Something about the coat that some labradoodles have.. ick.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Not a lurker

I've seen some really cute ones...however they aren't for me. Too many grooming concerns (like being clipped) and I'm cheap.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa_s212 View Post
Take in mind that they are all very poorly bred around here. The ones I have seen around here ARE ugly, especially the first one I ever saw. Course, that was several years ago.

Nothing wrong with having an opinion. I personally believe Brussel Griffons are ugly, "puggles" too... they just don't appeal to me.

Geeze Tessa, only one dog left in my home that you haven't called UGLY!!!:yikes:

I don't care what breed or mix you're talking about, being offensive is just plain uncalled for.

My UGLY Brussels -

My UGLY Labradoodle -

And to really make your stomach turn (BETTER GRAB A BUCKET!!!)- here they are trying to figure out which one's UGLIER!!!!!

I hope that when your baby is born Tessa, people are a little kinder with their comments towards you and yours. We all tend to be a bit protective of the ones that we love...even if a little biased.

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 06-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2little View Post
Geeze Tessa, only one dog left in my home that you haven't called UGLY!!!:yikes:

I don't care what breed or mix you're talking about, being offensive is just plain uncalled for.

My UGLY Brussels -

My UGLY Labradoodle -

And to really make your stomach turn (BETTER GRAB A BUCKET!!!)- here they are trying to figure out which one's UGLIER!!!!!

I hope that when your baby is born Tessa, people are a little kinder with their comments towards you and yours. We all tend to be a bit protective of the ones that we love...even if a little biased.
Totally random, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE that 2nd picture <3 are they always that cuddly with eachother?

And yes, I agree with you. I dont think its OK to call an entire breed of dog "ugly". I have breeds I like, breeds that I dont.. but none would I call "ugly".. kinda mean to those who have them.

does he have a mohawk in that last picture?? I WANT ONE!! lol
Old 06-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Top Dog

Love you Dr...... I'd take Sophie in a heart beat ! That's it !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/