Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 06-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Felurian

I am a sucker for the Blues

Bet you will find that this one's a female -- she looks like a very dark tortoise-shell and finding a male Tortie is RARE.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-24-2009, 03:29 PM
tessa_s212

I hope they are being TNRd as well. Ideally, ALL are best s/n, but if limited funds, I focus on TNR the females. Males can and will wander to other females, but it takes care of that problem in that immediate area.

Skinner looks like the 'momma cat' we had here for a long time. She got real old and skinny, really smart cat.. and then one day they found her under some equipment in the barn. So then we only had one female instead of two, so she was spayed immediately to prevent more kitties.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:42 PM
Squishy face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criosphynx View Post
How wonderful your helping out. I've always wanted to help take care of a colony.

Do they TNR these cats?
Yes, they are all spayed and neutered. Some other group came and did that a while back. I don't know why they didn't keep at least some of them, I wouldn't classify any as totally feral.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 06-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

If they are being sterilised they are probably happier to be out with their family. I should imagine it would be quite stressful to an older cat being placed in a home at this stage of her life.
They are very cute though. I think I may be warming to the idea of a cat. YIKES!

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 06-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Squishy face

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
If they are being sterilised they are probably happier to be out with their family. I should imagine it would be quite stressful to an older cat being placed in a home at this stage of her life.
They are very cute though. I think I may be warming to the idea of a cat. YIKES!
Well, the thing is, Skinner scratches and licks ALL the time. She probably has a bad mite infestation and/or fleas or something. I don't want her to live in itchy misery if I can do something about it.

I saw cat with a limp's foot up close yesterday while he was eating. His toe looks mighty infected. :/

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 06-26-2009, 11:02 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I though that foot looked pretty swollen. Hope you can get him some help before it's has to be amputated. Very interesting photos.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,