Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Obey the Toad.

OK you guys--someday, when i win the lottery or save up enough cash, I am going to buy 10 acres with a nice little lake with a dock, and take in adolescent labs.

And you all are invited to visit and bring Chuck-its and tennis balls--lots and lots of tennis balls......

I also think I would need the biggest mud room on the planet......

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Top Dog

Ugh sorry if I hijack this thread but people just get on my nerves!

Hannah is always considered the problem child and is always the one in trouble. She's 1.5 years old (GSD mix) my roommates dogs are 5 and 7 years old (Goldens). She is constantly getting compared to them which I believe is totally unfair!

Anyway my roommate's friend has been living on our couch for the last week or so which I'm not totally liking but whatever. Yesterday she sits on MY couch (I've lost MY couch in this whole deal which is really irking me) with the dinner that my roommate cooked for her and Hannah sits right in front of her. Rude I know and normally I would call Hannah off but I'm irked so I don't. She tells Hannah to go lay down some where and Hannah (the little smart a$$) lays right in front of her and stares her down. The girl has the nerve to very sarcastically turn around and say to me, "Those obedience classes would be a good idea. When do they start?" Don't say stuff about my kid! But instead of starting a fight I take Hannah and I go get myself some dinner. Come back with my take out Hannah looks at my food, I tell her to go lay down IN her crate and that's where she stayed while I ate. Funny thing, my roommates dogs came into the room and were begging.

If Hannah and another dog are playing and the playing gets rough its always, "Hannah knock it off he doesn't want to play!" I know it doesn't happen often but the other dogs do initiate the play sometimes. And if he didn't want to play anymore he would let her know because he has before.

Its just getting old. She's not perfect but I think for her age and her spaziness (that's a word I made up) she's not terrible. But next to my roommates dogs she looks like a demon even though they are not perfert.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Top Dog

are you not aware of the power of the poon? be ready to help find a good home on short notice.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Top Dog

With my family having owned both Goldens and Labs , I find Labs do take longer to " settle down " but they are wonderful dogs.

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 06-22-2009, 07:09 PM
Felurian

Sorry, MH, but I might have sat down next to my dog and stared at her while she ate right along with the dog

Of course, I have an advantage with Kharma -- not many people are willing to bitch at her or around her

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-22-2009, 07:24 PM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

Sillysally I will help fund it! Lol just build me a apartment above the kennels
Quote:
Originally Posted by MH<3dogs View Post
Ugh sorry if I hijack this thread but people just get on my nerves!

Hannah is always considered the problem child and is always the one in trouble. She's 1.5 years old (GSD mix) my roommates dogs are 5 and 7 years old (Goldens). She is constantly getting compared to them which I believe is totally unfair!

Anyway my roommate's friend has been living on our couch for the last week or so which I'm not totally liking but whatever. Yesterday she sits on MY couch (I've lost MY couch in this whole deal which is really irking me) with the dinner that my roommate cooked for her and Hannah sits right in front of her. Rude I know and normally I would call Hannah off but I'm irked so I don't. She tells Hannah to go lay down some where and Hannah (the little smart a$$) lays right in front of her and stares her down. The girl has the nerve to very sarcastically turn around and say to me, "Those obedience classes would be a good idea. When do they start?" Don't say stuff about my kid! But instead of starting a fight I take Hannah and I go get myself some dinner. Come back with my take out Hannah looks at my food, I tell her to go lay down IN her crate and that's where she stayed while I ate. Funny thing, my roommates dogs came into the room and were begging.

If Hannah and another dog are playing and the playing gets rough its always, "Hannah knock it off he doesn't want to play!" I know it doesn't happen often but the other dogs do initiate the play sometimes. And if he didn't want to play anymore he would let her know because he has before.

Its just getting old. She's not perfect but I think for her age and her spaziness (that's a word I made up) she's not terrible. But next to my roommates dogs she looks like a demon even though they are not perfert.
Same exact thing here! People always compare Sawyer to Maggie May or Keiko. Alot of people point at Keiko and go "Look she's just 6 months and she's already a better dog" . Sawyer sounds just like your Hannah still a non perfect puppy but he could be ALOT worse. I always threaten to go mute for a day and THEN they can see how bad he could be .
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Old 06-22-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops2 View Post
are you not aware of the power of the poon? be ready to help find a good home on short notice.
Oh trust me he has dumped chicks who didn't like his dogs before.
And aunt to-
Grace
Old 06-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Sawyer's a sweetheart. She's the type who I'd just say f*** it to. Sounds like someone who doesn't understand dogs period- let alone lab pups.
I think your bro should give his gf away and buy a better one.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Blue_Dog

"Don't trust people who don't like dogs". :P

I can't believe the nerve of some of these idiots. hmmph
Old 06-22-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Dog View Post
"Don't trust people who don't like dogs". :P
LOL I love this quote from the movie "The Wackness" its cracks me up and is so true.
"Never, EVER, EVER trust anyone who says they don't like dogs!
You meet someone who doesn't like dogs you alert the authorities IMMEDIATELY and you sure as sh!t don't MARRY THEM! "
And aunt to-
Grace