Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-21-2009, 11:42 PM
Island dweller

No sports or anything. We go camping and hiking/walking. We do tons of beach exploration. She really likes that lol. And lately I've been taking her with me when I go on short bike rides hoping to build up her stamina for longer ones lol. That's a good way to wear her out when she's being silly.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:47 PM
Top Dog

omg i just looked it up... that... is amazing! i want one now

Old 06-22-2009, 12:02 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Victor has his therapy work. His training for leash pals which keeps us on our toes.
Pepper has all of the above even if i don't think she will ever learn not to lick, it is still good for her. Plus she watches from the window and just bawls while i work him. She snorts with pleasure and pride when it is her turn.

They both enjoy the playdates and trips to the off leash park

Mary is in retirement. HEr enjoyment is sleeping on the feather bed in front of her fan and rooting around outside. Swimming when i can get her there.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white cat
Old 06-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Original Twin

Currently Saga and I take obedience classes. Eventually we will compete in Rally/Obedience. Come fall I am going to give tracking classes a go and see how she likes them. I think, judging from how much she enjoys tracking the critters in the park/yard, that she will enjoy it. If I can get her over some of her sound sensitivity, we might do search and rescue if she shows an interest. She has already come miles from where she was at about sounds. I'm thinking my new "friend" can help me out with some of that though.

Next dog will be a conformation prospect and I would like to maybe do some protection work with him. He is a long ways off though.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:15 AM
FluffyZooCrew

I've been working with Bo and plan to start doing Rally with him, and then possibly obedience or tracking later on.

My future plans for a future dog, is a whippet in a couple years, that I plan to do a lot with. I have hopes of lure coursing, agility, rally, and if I'm crazy enough, obedience.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:08 AM
Top Dog

Agility is my main focus with Meg. I'd considered trying rally, but competitions around here are very limited other than AKC for that. I'd like to do more obedience stuff with her when she's done agility.

New maybe dog will also do agility, and possibly some other stuff.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:28 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Ben is training in agility. He is just a very beginner now and I hope to compete in about a years time.

Lilly, she spends her time skulking behind the wall waiting for squirrels to come into the garden and she is my walking companion.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 06-22-2009, 05:59 AM
overdogged

I do rally with Luce and I'm debating obedience. She has a hard time sitting for a long period of time because her knees bother her, and I struggle over whether it would be fair to ask for the one minute sit/stay. We might do CDSP which has an honor instead and you can pick the position. Although I've had her on Deramaxx daily all week instead of just the day of, and she's seemed way more comfortable, so I don't know.

Mushroom holds down the couch. He's a lean, mean, snuggling machine. I have trained him in rally and also a little bit in agility, but he doesn't want to be a sport dog, and that's fine. He's a number one ace pet dog.

I want to do everything under the sun with Steve. As he gets older, I'll see what we enjoy the best. Right now he's started in rally and in agility. I'd like to do flyball for sure once he gets his head together a bit better and stops freaking out when other dogs have fun in front of him. Possibly dock dogs too, just because it looks like so much fun and he loves to swim. And I want to get him into herding just to see him do it, because I can't imagine anything cooler than watching his instincts come out and watching him do what he was born to do (we won't mention that he's still afraid of livestock at this point).
and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 06-22-2009, 06:45 AM
Top Dog

Brandy and I love agility and we've been competing almost 4 years now - CPE and AAC. Agility is our main sport. We have tried rally-o and she's got her novice title, but there's not enough trials around here.
We play in terrier trials as well (mainly agility) and she likes those too.
We do a lot of hiking (and photo-taking) in the summer, playing ball is her favorite thing on earth and she does enjoy her walks.
She also loves laying in the sun patches ... so I'll grab a book and lay with her, on the weekends.
Also now have the daunting task of training hubby's dog in agility. I'm rollerblading with him to get him in better shape...

Brandy: The B Hive (JRT) - ADC, SGDC, AADC, RPT, RNMCL, CL2, CL3-R, CL3-H, CL3-S, HIT Agility JRTRO 2009 Trial

Pet Portraits, Design & Photography
www.juliesillustration.com

www.dogznart.blogspot.com
Old 06-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Top Dog

I've been competing in agility since I was 8, the last few years finally with my own dog. We're on bit of a break right now because of college. *sigh* Hopefully in a couple years we can get back into it regularly. I love agility, but would also like to try rally, dock diving and flyball (the latter 2 with a future dog).