Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-21-2009, 10:23 PM
<------RIP Superdog

Default What activities do you do with your dog?

Also, what would you Like to do with your dog (or a future dog)?

As for Riley and I, we enjoy doing a couple things. Tracking is the only "sport" we do. We go for alot of walks and hikes. We used to do agility, but it just wasnt his thing. He is a registured therapy dog, but with my schedule, we havent been out much. We enjoy going to obedience classes, and i would love to get into Rally someday. Again, we just cant seem to find classes in my area that fit. He goes as many places as i can take him. We just got back from a weekend at a lake cabin. Loves the car!

As far as what id like to do with future dogs, everything! With my next dog i want to do agility really bad. Also want obedience titles, poss. Rally. I would love to do dock diving, and possibly flyball! I dont know if i can do all that with one dog or not. May have to space it out. Oh, and i would LOVE to do scootering with a future dog! I have the scooter, harness, line and everything. Riley didnt enjoy it at all.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:25 PM
tessa_s212

Put on hold but...
Had previously been training and competing in agility, obedience, conformation/jr showmanship for over a decade. Will hopefully pick up where I left off some day and continue doing agility and obedience Also plan to teach 4-Hers eventually
Old 06-21-2009, 10:31 PM
BusterLove

There is so much I would love to do with Buster, would still be most interested in Obediance clases one day. We've always mucked around with agility at home but with his HD and DA I figure that probably won't go anywhere.
I've promised him he can "retire" once I get a second dog, I think he's looking forward to just being a pet and not having to put up with my annoying-ness. lol
I really can't wait for a second dog, I adore Buster and he has taught me so, so much just by being difficult and for so long NOT wanting to learn but I can't wait to start a dog the right way and set them up for life.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Smudge does agility, rally and some conformation.

Cider does agility and rally.

Hoping to get both into tracking and traditional Ob soon. We have all breed earthdog trials here and both dogs are pretty rat crazy so I'm hoping to have a go at that too.

I keep looking at carts online/ plans to build carts. Local club was semi snotty about how small my guys are. May still be an option though. Love to try weight pull but there is none here. If Dekka's pond gets dug out I may be able to do baby steps into teaching them to jump for dock dogs, but it's not high up my list. SisMorphine thinks it would be fun to teach the cockers to do bite work. I'd be up for it, but I can't get the support to do it locally.

Dekka and I are trying to put together a venue for all breed straight racing.. My kids enjoy chasing the bunny an awful lot.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Last edited by MafiaPrincess; 06-21-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:37 PM
Water Junkie

I'm training Blaze ini herding right now. Well more like waiting for him to mature, but he's still seeing sheep.

My new thing right now is Dock Diving. I've already go a competition in mind for August. But, we're going to have our first go at it with a dock on the lake sometime this week.

I'd also like to do some Obedience Trials with Blaze.

And Flyball looks fun, heck I'd like to try anything with Blaze.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 06-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Kiba competes in agility, Stryder still has some more training before he can compete.

I want to do tracking with everyone, get a working title on Lincoln (big MAYBE on tsuki), do flyball, rally, comp ob, earthdog, get CGC on everyone, herding, dock diving, carting, and everyone in agility.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:08 PM
Top Dog

its not really competitive stuff i do. *a lot of the stuff i found was cool until i mentioned i had a mixed breed then they weren't so welcoming*

i hike and camp with yoshi.
i do therapy work with her
i taught her dock diving
and i don't know what it's called but sometimes when it snows i put on her harness sit on a trashcan lid and chunk a toy to get her to pull me around XD

Old 06-21-2009, 11:28 PM
~Lisa~

LOTS of hiking. I just love hiking, so does Blaze.
Lots of random walks, again I just lvoe walking and being outdoors.
Camping (going next week cant wait).
Cottage trips (leaving this wednesday until Saturday or Sunday, cant wait again lol)
We go to agility class, next class doesnt start until July 14th I believe, so we are stuck for a bit.
Lots of dog "shows", not real shows, but fundraisers, dog walks for HS, woffstock, ect.
Working on getting his CGN next month, hope it works out.
Thinking of dabbiling in some other doggy sport, but not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
and i don't know what it's called but sometimes when it snows i put on her harness sit on a trashcan lid and chunk a toy to get her to pull me around XD
I so want to do that with Blaze. Im always so tempted to take my GT snow racer down to the dog park go on the trails and get him to pull me, its always a nice thick layer of ice, so good traction for he sled lol.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:37 PM
Top Dog

lol she's so much faster than me it's fun lol

and if it's a tennis ball all bets are off and there is no stopping. ice is a nice smooth ride. but i don't ever it it on purpose because it's too hard to stop and i don't want to hit her.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:42 PM
~Lisa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
lol she's so much faster than me it's fun lol

and if it's a tennis ball all bets are off and there is no stopping. ice is a nice smooth ride. but i don't ever it it on purpose because it's too hard to stop and i don't want to hit her.
You need a GT they have little ice picky brakes lol