Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-24-2005, 04:39 PM
Mordy's Avatar
Mordy Mordy is offline
Quigleyfied
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,868
Default

wow that poor dog is in a sad condition. not only emaciated, but it also looks like his fur is coming out in clumps due to malnutrition.
__________________
Sabine Contreras
- Canine Care
- Nutrition Consulting
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-24-2005, 04:49 PM
yuckaduck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have made every attempt to adopt this dog but they are not rescue friendly. They want the adoption fee no matter what and they want him to go within the state. It seems when you talk to them like they would much rather gas the dog, rather than let him have a good home.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-24-2005, 04:55 PM
EliNHunter's Avatar
EliNHunter EliNHunter is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckaduck
I have made every attempt to adopt this dog but they are not rescue friendly. They want the adoption fee no matter what and they want him to go within the state. It seems when you talk to them like they would much rather gas the dog, rather than let him have a good home.
Who's "they"? A shelter? A rescue group requires an adoption fee when homing a dog, too. So it sounds like they're just holding out to be the ones to get the $$??? How sickenlingy selfish. That just makes me sick...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-24-2005, 04:59 PM
yuckaduck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliNHunter
Who's "they"? A shelter? A rescue group requires an adoption fee when homing a dog, too. So it sounds like they're just holding out to be the ones to get the $$??? How sickenlingy selfish. That just makes me sick...
Right now he is in a shelter and they have set a date for yesterday but they did keep him alive but really we can't say for how long. It is different with a rescue because they do not kill the animal where a shelter like this wants to gas the dog which will get them no money rather than allow the dog to go to a good home with someone who wants to look after the dog. It is just a money game because it sure has nothing to do with the love of dogs.

For anyone interested the shelter is in Clanton, AL
phone#1-205-755-9170

They say he is maybe 5 years old, ears destroyed by flea bites, has had zero care in his life.

Last edited by yuckaduck; 08-24-2005 at 05:12 PM. Reason: contact info
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-24-2005, 05:12 PM
EliNHunter's Avatar
EliNHunter EliNHunter is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckaduck
Right now he is in a shelter and they have set a date for yesterday but they did keep him alive but really we can't say for how long. It is different with a rescue because they do not kill the animal where a shelter like this wants to gas the dog which will get them no money rather than allow the dog to go to a good home with someone who wants to look after the dog. It is just a money game because it sure has nothing to do with the love of dogs.
Can you write a letter to your paper's editor exposing them for this horrendous activity?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-24-2005, 05:13 PM
yuckaduck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I am going to call again and see if I can talk with someone abit more friendly because I agree this is horrendous.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-24-2005, 05:25 PM
EliNHunter's Avatar
EliNHunter EliNHunter is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckaduck
I am going to call again and see if I can talk with someone abit more friendly because I agree this is horrendous.
Would you be able to take the poor baby out and foster and place? If they are reluctant, please bring up the point of writing a letter to the editor to expose them. I'm sure your taxpayer dollars are paying for their ways!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-24-2005, 05:29 PM
yuckaduck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliNHunter
Would you be able to take the poor baby out and foster and place? If they are reluctant, please bring up the point of writing a letter to the editor to expose them. I'm sure your taxpayer dollars are paying for their ways!!!
My tax paying dollars mean nothing to them because I live in Canada and they are in the US. They are not friendly for me to deal with. I would adopt him right now if someone got him and arranged transport to get him to me but no one wants too and the shelter is no help. Veru disappointing, I bet this dog would be the best dog ever to whoever rescued him, he has a wonderful temperment so I am told.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-24-2005, 05:35 PM
EliNHunter's Avatar
EliNHunter EliNHunter is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckaduck
My tax paying dollars mean nothing to them because I live in Canada and they are in the US. They are not friendly for me to deal with. I would adopt him right now if someone got him and arranged transport to get him to me but no one wants too and the shelter is no help. Veru disappointing, I bet this dog would be the best dog ever to whoever rescued him, he has a wonderful temperment so I am told.
Are there any rescue groups that ARE in the shelter's area we could get involved? Give me the city, state, and county of the shelter, and I'll find one!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-24-2005, 05:47 PM
yuckaduck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliNHunter
Are there any rescue groups that ARE in the shelter's area we could get involved? Give me the city, state, and county of the shelter, and I'll find one!
I Pmed you, unfortunately I cannot even find out if this poor dog is still alive no one wants to answer anything.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site