Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 06-21-2009, 08:24 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

thanks pops! no idea.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:33 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops2 View Post
rabbitsarebetter

almost every non molloser breed w/brindle can trace the brindle back to bull or mastiff blood either directly or indirectly. because of well recorded bulldog crosses in the 1300s, 1400s & 1600s the brindle in greyhounds has caused brindle to be common in the borzoi due to trades of deer & greyhounds w/ the czars in the 1700 & 1800s. the dutch sheperd & the belgian mal originate from the same stock but the lines considered dutchies have bull blood added and the non brindles bred back into the mal lines. bull & mastiff crosses of cur were noted as superior boar dogs in the 1500s and the these were bred back into the cur lines. because of these brindle curs & greys you have brindle in foxhounds. the brindle british curs also contributed to brindle in the catahoula.
Isn't brindle in longdogs from the old old tazi types from way way back? Because there are/have been brindle salukis in the mid east for a looong time.

Here's a photo of a brindle saluki pup taken in the united arab emirates:

Iranian import saluki

Sloughi

Brindle azawakh

Also the mudhol of India,

Not to mention Tazis and Afghans had long had brindles among them.

I always thought that brindle originated in the landrace sighthounds, since they are among the most ancient domestic dogs, and then spread into molossers and bulls from there. Can you refer me to some articles about it?

Basenjis also come in brindle, and they are regarded as being fairly pure going quite far back.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:47 PM
Top Dog

i was led to believe by the arabs (in Iraq) that brindle didn't occur in the salech (saluki) until after the brits greys were brought into the area.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:22 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Brindle in naturally occuring Africanis.

Africanis - Dog of Africa

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/