Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-23-2005, 09:41 PM
Top Dog

Default broken teeth

! I was playing basketball with my pup outside when the ball bounced and hit him under his jaw. I didn't think it hurt him much, but I noticed him licking his mouth a lot so I took a closer look and he was bleeding. I checked his mouth and one of his baby teeth was knocked out. Do you think he's hurt? He didn't act like it, but I feel bad. Think I can still give him bones? Or should I wait a while?
Old 08-23-2005, 09:43 PM
Twin 2.0

I would wait in case you jarred a couple other teeth loose as well.

How old is he? Is he getting close to the age where his adult teeth are going to start coming in?
Old 08-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Top Dog

I'm not sure when the adult teeth come in. One more week and he's 5 months old.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:59 PM
Top Dog

...opinions?
Old 08-23-2005, 10:04 PM
Top Dog

I wouldn't worry about it with puppy teeth. Grammy passed a ball to Chippy not long ago and we heard CRACK! He broke one of his front teeth! But not down to the quick or anything. I think you're fine...
Old 08-23-2005, 10:24 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

5 months yeah he should be starting to lose his baby teeth anyway. he should be alright. i remember when teddy lost his first tooth and I saw blood I thought oh no something knocked his tooth out but then others started falling out and big ones were coming in and he didn't even seem to notice

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-23-2005, 10:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19
5 months yeah he should be starting to lose his baby teeth anyway. he should be alright. i remember when teddy lost his first tooth and I saw blood I thought oh no something knocked his tooth out but then others started falling out and big ones were coming in and he didn't even seem to notice
That just gave me quite a odd visualisation, lol. Did you keep any of his teeth? Or did he gobble them up? lol. Yeah, my pup didn't seem to notice much except he stopped playing and was licking alot. Dog's are so strong, if that was me, I'd probably be tearing up or even crying!
Old 08-23-2005, 11:30 PM
Top Dog

My big problem is I saved my kids teeth and puppy's teeth.... now I can't tell which is which !!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-23-2005, 11:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd
My big problem is I saved my kids teeth and puppy's teeth.... now I can't tell which is which !!
Lol! Let's see.. "eeny meenie miny moe.." kids teeth! repeat, lol.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:52 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmai
That just gave me quite a odd visualisation, lol. Did you keep any of his teeth? Or did he gobble them up? lol. Yeah, my pup didn't seem to notice much except he stopped playing and was licking alot. Dog's are so strong, if that was me, I'd probably be tearing up or even crying!

We only ever found one but we noticed more and more empty spaces lol but we found the very first one that he lost lol and we still have it

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney