Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 06-09-2009, 09:24 PM
CASSA

THanks feel free to visit anytime.
Off to the Premier if I see any TM will get u some pics...

PS Most information is wrong on the internet...
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
[B[/B].
Old 06-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Lab Love

I'll keep that in mind! When I'm more prepared I'll definitely be contacting you. I haven't even had my first dog yet, ahah.. so this is a while from now, hopefully you'll still be breeding then.

The same sex aggression in tms I have heard from the few breeders I contacted as well, if you know any other contradicting information that would be interesting to hear.

Duke - 3yr old Labrador Retriever
Old 06-09-2009, 09:33 PM
CASSA

We dont have same sex aggression they are pack dogs but 2 intact males when a bitch comes in is a issue regardless of breed.
I could not have 13 if they had this type of aggression.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
[B[/B].
Old 06-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Lab Love

oh, no! I meant tibetan mastiffs have same sex dog aggression! Sorry for the misunderstanding!

The reason CAS's do not have it is the reason I'm being swayed their way.

Duke - 3yr old Labrador Retriever
Old 06-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Salty Sea Dog

britneys are great, part of it also depends in what your looking for in a breed ouside of the camping, and yes looks plays a part to, no point in getting a breed you dont like the look of simply because ti MIGHT make a good camping dog.
and dont rule out the smaller alternatives, like i and psy mentioned, you also have to have space for this dog, consider what will fit in your car, in the canoe and in the tent lol.

some of the best camping dogs ive met thus far are the ones noone would suspect, my favorite so far was a little chihuahua x whippet, he was about 10lbs full grown, absolutly adorable, he could hike for miles but hen he got tired they just put him in the backpack lol, and best of all, he fit everywhere, they could take him in the canoe without worry of space issues, he whent water skiing often, even wake/surfboarding
winter camping hed wear a fleece coat and sleep in the sleeping bag with them, summer camping hed sleep ontop of the bag but didnt take up much space at all, and packing food and such for a smaller dog is soo much easier lol

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 06-10-2009, 02:55 AM
Fishies!

I prefer something in the 35-60 lb class, unless they have to fit into a kayak. You should be able to fit a Labrador in a canoe without much trouble (well, back in after a mid- lake swim is tricky) but a closed cockpit kayak means the dog can't move much, but might fit between your legs for a shorter trip.

Snow and mud is always a big issue with my trips, so I like something with a bit more ground clearance and coat than the toys, although I can see how they'd work pretty well under a lot of circumstances. Predators, bobcats, hawks and big fish (pike... catfish) are a concern of mine with the toys too, depending on whats in the area.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:43 AM
CASSA

Think this is a boat not a kayak
Females normaly are around 80-90 pounds most active people want a female for smaller size but enough size to run off a bear or bad man.

As a groomer Ive only met fat Labs or big labs or out of standard labs

My suggestion is Nova Scotia duc tolling retriever smaller campact and very easy to train. Great swimmers better health than most common breeds.

However taking gamble and a rescue of the right mix will fit too
[B[/B].
Old 06-10-2009, 07:16 AM
Lord Cynical

Quote:
look for individuals from show lines w/ severely impaired hunting drives and a slightly clingy nature.
Gotta say I'm growing tired of how you look down your nose at dogs from show lines. Not all dogs from show lines are what you describe, and not all breeds follow the narrow-minded definition of "show line" you so eagerly mention on every thread you can.

That said - if I was looking for a good camping companion, I'd go with something medium sized, with a versatile coat - perhaps a small GSD. I love to go hiking and camping with the dobes, but they don't like the cold and they do have some out-of-this-world prey drive. That, and they aren't welcome at some campsites purely because of their breed.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Just try me..

hmmmm ... off to make a new thread-post your doggie camping pics! (so I don't hijack this one)

But seriously all sorts of individuals in all sorts of breeds make good camping buddies.

*see I would want less hair... simply as i know how much dirt can hide in BC, toller, etc coats only to drop off in your house or tent at night.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Salty Sea Dog

my other concern with coat is how easy it is for ticks and burrs and such to hide in the coat.

nekkid dogs pose a differnt challenge as they have to have some kind of cotton suit to stop being scratched ect.

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets