Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 06-06-2009, 06:05 AM
Blue_Dog

That makes sense. High strung as in hyper and and active but my Dad also attaches unpredictable and basically...crazy. I have been reading up more on aussies and dals and I think we could make it work with our lifestyle. I wish he could see past the one breed.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:14 PM
koda bear

i see cattle dog in there to that color pattern could be a few breeds definatly dont see dalmation though.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Twin 2.0

Training and exercise, that's the key to living with an Aussie. I seriously don't see a single bit of Dalmation in her, instead I see Aussie and Lab.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Collies&Terriers, Oh My!

Lots of dogs, especially puppies, have a similar shape if you remove the colors! A Lab mix, Aussie mix, Dal mix, Catahoula mix, etc. would look alike at that age, colors removed.

~Smooth Collies~

URO1 CH "Smidgen" RA,WW-RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)
URO2 CH "Dora" RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)

~American Hairless Terriers (coated)~
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "OE" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "Spud" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
Old 06-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Blue_Dog

Well my parents decided that a dalmatian mix was no good. So they had me contact the person and tell them that they decided against the puppy which was really hard, felt like I was lying to the women because I did want the puppy. Thank you for all of your help though.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Top Dog

Well as the owner of a Dalmatian, I see NO dalmatian in that puppy. The coloring is ALL wrong so is the coat texture (too long and soft). From what I see of the head shape it is nothing like a dal. Those are Large patches not spotting such as the dal has. And as far as Dalmatians being "high strung" well thats BS in my opinion(not trying to be mean here). Any well bred, WELL exercised, trained and socialized Dalmatian is not high strung. Contrary to popular belief, Dalmatians DO NOT bounce off the walls 24/7. My boy is more than content to sleep most of the day. Does he have the occasional zoomies yuppers but what younger dog doesn't.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:19 PM
RedyreRottweilers

I'm sorry you didn't get to take him. Very cute! And sure looks like an aussie/lab mix to me.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Mainstreme Elitist

I'm sorry you didn't get the puppy. I'm with the general consensus though, it's an auusiexlab pup. She actually looks quite similar to my little girl.