Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-23-2005, 12:38 PM
Active Pup

Question IN HEAT!!!!!!! 1st time and I have ?'s

HELP!!!!

My baby Tinker is in heat for her 1st time!

She started over 3 weeks ago and she is still bleeding but its a brown color!

Last week i thought it had stopped bc she was just real wet and had stopped bleeding. I left her at my grandmas and I went to the beach for a week and just got back yesterday and noticed she had started bleeding again but the brown color!
AND her boobs are swollen and one is really hard and a lil discolored ( like blue)!!!!

I thought they went in for a week, was in for a week and then had a week going out!

I am worried should I be?

My site!!! Check it out and win cash for playing and all for FREE!!!
www.netwinner.com
Old 08-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Felurian

Every dog is different, and a first heat is totally unpredictable. Buffy went through a false pregnancy immediately after her first heat, complete with swollen teats. Scared the life out of me!

The blue teat is a concern though. Maybe you should give your vet a call and see what he/she thinks.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Top Dog

I agree with Renee. You should call your vet and talk to them about what you see. Chances are she's fine, but it's better safe then sorry and intact females are more complicated health wise then a spayed female.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:12 PM
Active Pup

thats what i have heard and I was planning on getting her fixed b4 she went in but i waited to late!

I am still going to get her fixed but i heard you have to wait at least 2 weeks after they go out.

I hope she doesnt have any heath problems bc i waited to late!

www.netwinner.com
Old 08-23-2005, 01:39 PM
Top Dog

A bitches season/heat can last approx a month, with the bleeding going lighter during the middle of it, this is the time the bitch is highly receptive to males. it is advisable to have a bitch spayed approx two months from the end of her heat, the reason for this is less blood is directed to the uterus at this time, so less chance of too much blood loss during surgery.

Mo
Old 08-23-2005, 01:44 PM
Active Pup

Thanks

www.netwinner.com
Old 08-23-2005, 01:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe
A bitches season/heat can last approx a month, with the bleeding going lighter during the middle of it, this is the time the bitch is highly receptive to males. it is advisable to have a bitch spayed approx two months from the end of her heat, the reason for this is less blood is directed to the uterus at this time, so less chance of too much blood loss during surgery.

Mo
Yes, that is correct, you need to wait about 2 months after her heat cycle ends. The surgery is safer, less bloody and requires a smaller incision etc.

Don't worry too much about the health issues. They are at more risk with each season, and you will still have her done at an early age which will ensure a healthy life
Old 08-23-2005, 02:12 PM
My pets love me they do

Nalla went through a false pregnancy her first heat to and I was is total shock until it was brought to my attention. She went through the swollen nipples, small weight gain and I was trying to figure out what dog had hopped into my yard. The vet did confirm that females are in heat up to 1 month and to watch her, Happy to say no babies and we are 1 month from her last heat so she will be fixed the end of next month.

Old 08-23-2005, 02:37 PM
Top Dog

I was advised to have Cocoa fixed between 4 months and 6 months is that still not the case? Can they go into heat prior to 4 months?
Old 08-23-2005, 02:39 PM
Top Dog

Wait 2 months for the hormone levels too.

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/