Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 06-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Navy Sister

Quote:
If they are totally crazy or something, and have lied to them selves enough to beleive it.. Or if they are sitting at home thinking, "haha suckers, Actualy believed us, haha" I would like to slap them..
You know, I think people like that actually believe that they're breeding the best, only that their idea of best and other's ideas of best are different.
knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Very Food Agressive

*waits for Red to respond*

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:22 AM
Top Dog

"Our Mastiff Style Rottweiler lines"

The last time I looked they were two different breeds...

FatCat is the perfect name for him. Poor dogs.

Has any one emailed them?
Old 06-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by grab01 View Post
I seem to remember seeing those same pics in an ad(the Rottie in front of the red car, the dobe and the GSD) when looking at a dog magazine when I was in my teen. It was called Brittany's something back then too, but a different name than this kennel. In all those years, shouldn't she be able to rustle up some new pics?

And I remember because I thought the dogs were odd looking even then, and I wasn't even half as dog geeky as I am now

I remember those ads also from Dog Fancy and Dog World magazines. This person has been involved with "breeding" and "training" a very long time. *shudders*
Old 06-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfalcon View Post
Errr....

Where did she get the idea that GSDs were getting SMALLER? "Rin tin tin" isn't my ideal GSD (some seem a bit large, soft, and light colored for my taste) but not a single picture screams 140 lb GSD to me.
I wondered the same thing when I read that. The original Rin Tin Tin was not a very large GSD. He was lighter boned and smaller than the average GSD show dog of today. GSD's have grown considerably larger over the years, not smaller. And Rottweillers come from Italy? Where did this person come up with crap like this?
Old 06-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Big Dog

She's right about the Italy thing, sort of. But when the breed started, there was no Italy. There was Rome. And the Roman shepherds had these dogs they used as LGDs and drovers, and these dogs, wearing the shepherd's money around their necks, would accompany the shepherds and the flock on the tranhumance--and that's how they ended up in Germany. The Germans purchased/were given some of these dogs and turned them into cattle herders. But the original dogs would bite too high on the cattle and wreck expensive cuts of meat, so they started to breed them shorter--giving the Rotts we know today a rectangular rather than square build. Eventually, the new, cattle herder version of the original Roman dogs were named after the German town of Rottweil.

Or that's the story I learned in a Roman history class anyway.

Nevertheless, she isn't trying to recreate a Roman type; she's just trying to make money.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Felurian

Errr . . . someone's way ahead of them

YouTube - Sega Toys Mio robotic dog: Tokyo Toy Show 2007

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-17-2009, 08:09 AM
<--------Orson

Shouldn't have looked.

As sad as the GSDs and Dobies looked on her page...........I think the Rotties made me more sad. They were boasting "145 lbs and he's only 18 months old!" *shakes head*
Old 06-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Top Dog

She still advertises in Dog Fancy. Makes me sick. I know years ago alot of people were trying to educate her but she wants no part of it. She is making to much money. Disgusting.

Thanks Steveinski!
Old 06-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Top Dog

The Shepherds are almost all grossly overweight and have huge frames. I prefer the sleek look of a well-bred GSD tyvm! The Rotties looks like mastiffs as others have said! It's disgusting, why is stuff like this allowed?