Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 09-20-2014, 11:10 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Don't look at the ingredients.

I can't look at them, either. But the dogs *are* doing very well on it. I've even cut Abrams back a bit on food.
This. Summer meant letting my meat stocks go down so I could defrost the freezers. Started everyone off on Farmina, Bear and Pig transitioned no problem, they can pretty much eat anything. Bear had a lot of problems a few years ago with kibble. Somehow he seems to have just gotten over whatever it was, because now I can feed him whatever without any issues. Now the problems all lie with Badger. He doesn't chew himself to bits like Bear used to, but kibble=cannon butt for him. Tried several different brands since he was a puppy, he would do ok on some of them for a while before going to sh!t (literally). Farmina was absolutely awful for him, constant explosive diarrhea. He eventually didn't even want to eat it.

Made the switch to Purina, he gets half 30/20 and half sensitive skin&stomach. I don't want to jinx it...but he's doing great. He poops more often than when he was on raw, but the size is usually fairly close. The Farmina made him drop some weight and he's regaining that nicely, he's back to being super excited to eat so that's always good.

Bear and Pig will probably be switched over once I finish the rest of the Farmina, so hopefully that goes well.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:23 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
Great to hear! The 30/20 Sport is one of my favorite formulas because *everyone* does fantastic on it. Teeny tiny poops too - comparable to raw. How that happens, I don't know. I've stopped asking questions and just accept it.
I've noticed the small poops, too. I just scooped the yard yesterday (my husband has been doing it haha), and I was having a hard time differentiating between Abrams and Cynder's poo. Normally Abrams' was much larger and typically softer/not as dark. Switching to the Sensitive Skin and Stomach formula helped, but I've noticed even more of an improvement with the 30/20 formula.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:39 PM
Duuuuude.

I'm reviving this thread to see what the people who were trying out Pro Plan think of their results. I bought the Sensitive Skin and Stomach yesterday to try for Riff (Rowan is mostly back on raw.) Like Linds I felt kind of dirty buying it, but it's just one bag so I figure it doesn't hurt to experiment.

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 10-12-2014, 03:52 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paviche View Post
I'm reviving this thread to see what the people who were trying out Pro Plan think of their results. I bought the Sensitive Skin and Stomach yesterday to try for Riff (Rowan is mostly back on raw.) Like Linds I felt kind of dirty buying it, but it's just one bag so I figure it doesn't hurt to experiment.
Abrams and Cynder have officially been on Pro Plan for...a few months now? They are doing BRILLIANT. They were originally on Pro Plan Sensitive Stomach, but now I've 100% switched to the Sport 30/20 and I couldn't be happier. Small, firm poops from both of them. When I scoop the yard, it's like I'm scooping from a tiny and medium sized dog, not a medium sized and large dog! No more stinky farts, coat/weight is wonderful, and their energy level is awesome as well. And Cynder has gained weight even though she's only eating a heaping cup of food. She is the heaviest she's ever been in her life at 30.4 pounds, which is FANTASTIC. She's able to eat a small amount (good for her health condition) while still gaining weight. I definitely plan to keep feeding it.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:27 PM
Top Dog

Jentry's had horrible diarrhea basically her whole life, EXCEPT when she was on raw. We really wanted to find something else she could eat too. She's doing FANTASTIC on Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin and Stomach (with Missing Link). No one else is eating it LOL But she looks great, her coat is awesome etc etc
Old 10-12-2014, 05:00 PM
Durp Dog

We bought a 40lbs (I think) bag of the ProPlan Sport, it seemed to last longer than other bags aside from bigger bag size. Our dogs are ~ 52lbs, 56lbs, and 35lbs dogs. They have finished the bag up and I'm going to add it into our rotation.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:09 PM
Lord Cynical

Mill's Fleet Farm has the Performance 30/20 on sale for $32 (or $34) until Saturday. *wink wink*

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 11-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Top Dog

Hudson, my picky-picky eater, gobbled up his first feeding of it. Let's see how this works

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/