Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 08-14-2013, 01:08 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Well, I was going to say Lab, so....nevermind. LOL

If you don't need a push button-biddable, extremely outgoing dog (if more reserved/polite is okay, and you also don't mind a "watch dog"), maybe look in to Curly Coated Retrievers as well. I only say this because I was highly considering them before I decided on a Chessie, and the people in the Curly Coat community that I spoke with were super helpful and more than willing to discuss their dogs and the breed in general.

(Although after how many times I've been asked if Abrams is a Labradoodle due to his wavy hair, I don't know if I could stand owning a Curly. ROFLMAO)

Even though I prefer a more discriminating dog, I have also grown quite fond of certain types of Goldens. There is just something about a Golden that is a Good Dog. This breeder was one of the breeders that piqued my interest when I was breed/breeder searching. That would probably be the kind of Golden I'd look for if I ever decided to bring one home.

(I swear, if I ever have a disposable income, a big house, and tons of land, I'm going to end up with one of each of the retrievers. LOL Who wants to bet that would confuse a lot of people?)

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 08-14-2013, 01:32 PM
LABRADERP!

A nice Golden fits your bill!!!

I grew up with one and she was amazing, so tolerant of everything loved being with me and my cousins, let my sister crawl all over her and just all around amazing dog! She lived to be 19 years old on a farm in Alabama and was following kids around the day she died.
10/01/2013
Gunslinger's Snowfall Banshee Scream "Takoda"
03/22/2010
Forever in my heart
Murray's Bojangles is High Rollin' "Beau"
11/03/2002-11/21/2013
Old 08-14-2013, 01:45 PM
Top Dog

Goldens really are awesome. I just need to get over my dog snobbiness and realize that they fit really well with what I'm looking for lol.

I should also add, if BSL is ever repealed, all this goes out the window in favor of a staffy.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 08-14-2013, 01:57 PM
LABRADERP!

See you need a Golden!!! Or a nice Beagle

10/01/2013
03/22/2010
Forever in my heart
11/03/2002-11/21/2013
Old 08-14-2013, 01:58 PM
Vizsla mom

Well, since we seem to be swaying you with agility videos ..here's my favorite person who runs a Vizzy

Old 08-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Top Dog

Haha, I know you have Beau but noooo beagles.

That vizsla is stunning!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Old 08-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
Goldens really are awesome. I just need to get over my dog snobbiness and realize that they fit really well with what I'm looking for lol.

I should also add, if BSL is ever repealed, all this goes out the window in favor of a staffy.
I have to admit, Goldens and Labs don't appeal to me at all. I can like and pet other peoples, but it's like I am with my friends' Border Collies: scritchscritchscritch "okay, done, take your dog now." The only retriever with any appeal to me personally is Chesapeakes, and I still don't want one.

If you do decide to get either a Golden or a Lab, do be careful because there are some individuals in both those breeds with very atypical temperaments. Both dog aggression and human aggression are possible, and since nobody ever expects those from a retriever, people tend not to be careful around them.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:11 PM
LABRADERP!

Quote:
Haha, I know you have Beau but noooo beagles.
Fine!!! Shame I could send you Beau, he's amazing with kids! He loves my nephew more then he loves me and he seeks out kids, toddlers and babies when we're out and about only draw back is the mouth
10/01/2013
03/22/2010
Forever in my heart
11/03/2002-11/21/2013
Old 08-14-2013, 02:25 PM
Top Dog

You're right Sarah. I know three goldens who have been euthanized for extreme DA/HA. They're really commonly bred by Mennonite/Amish people in this area who dot exactly focus on sound temperament, health or socialization...

Muttkip, how would he do on the dock diving front?

Old 08-14-2013, 02:48 PM
LABRADERP!

Quote:
You're right Sarah. I know three goldens who have been euthanized for extreme DA/HA. They're really commonly bred by Mennonite/Amish people in this area who dot exactly focus on sound temperament, health or socialization...

Muttkip, how would he do on the dock diving front?
Depends on what is in it for him he doesn't LOVE water, but he'll go in if you ask him and promise him LOTS of food afterwards. He much rather sit on the couch with Ev!
10/01/2013
03/22/2010
Forever in my heart
11/03/2002-11/21/2013