Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 09-12-2014, 12:38 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I'm happy to say both Abrams and Cynder are doing fantastic on the 30/20 sport formula. I was worried with Abrams as some foods give him horrible gas/bowel movements, but he's doing very, very well.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 09-12-2014, 12:40 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Well Itztli has been on pro plan puppy lamb for over a week now and the biggest issue I'm noticing is dandruff. His stools are nice and firm and he is gaining the weight he needs and growing, but dandruff nope nope nope.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 09-12-2014, 02:32 PM
Higbread Dingbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Well Itztli has been on pro plan puppy lamb for over a week now and the biggest issue I'm noticing is dandruff. His stools are nice and firm and he is gaining the weight he needs and growing, but dandruff nope nope nope.
I noticed Rigby had dandruff on the lamb adult formula, seems to have cleared up with the switch to sensitive skin/fish one.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:53 PM
Lord Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
I'm happy to say both Abrams and Cynder are doing fantastic on the 30/20 sport formula. I was worried with Abrams as some foods give him horrible gas/bowel movements, but he's doing very, very well.
Great to hear! The 30/20 Sport is one of my favorite formulas because *everyone* does fantastic on it. Teeny tiny poops too - comparable to raw. How that happens, I don't know. I've stopped asking questions and just accept it.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 09-12-2014, 07:19 PM
I'm All Ears

Well we picked up Beyond. Apparently it has changed quite a bit. It used to just be chicken or lamb. Now there's tuna, chicken, lamb, turkey, and salmon I believe? I grabbed a salmon one. I figure why the heck not lol.

Once I move I'll probably go back to ordering annamaet online though. They did well on that one.

Last edited by Laurelin; 09-12-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:39 PM
I'm All Ears

It is also no longer referred to as Purina One Beyond, it's just Purina Beyond. Wonder why.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Well we picked up Beyond. Apparently it has changed quite a bit. It used to just be chicken or lamb. Now there's tuna, chicken, lamb, turkey, and salmon I believe? I grabbed a salmon one. I figure why the heck not lol.

Once I move I'll probably go back to ordering annamaet online though. They did well on that one.
I noticed BUT be careful because the other ones have a lot more ingredients. So they may not do as well. The chicken and lamb ones are still the only ones with 'only 9 ingredients' -- the other flavors have more.

Brit & Jackson

Old 09-13-2014, 09:01 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Oh, and I remember back in the day when we had Sadie, she was fed the Pro Plan puppy, and then the adult Pro Plan Chicken and Rice. (Granted, this was 2006, so I'm unsure if the formulas have changed or not.) She always had a bit of a dry, dandruffy coat. Nothing horrible or bad, but not near as sleek/shiney as my current two. I also don't think we bathed her routinely, either, so take that for what you will. But I do remember the dander. She was otherwise in great shape. I wonder if we had just supplemented with fish oils if that would have helped her out, or bathed her routinely with a good shampoo.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~