Stolen showdogs

otch1

I received this info this morning and agreed to post any and everywhere... Stolen show dogs: Help and prayers needed. Sat. Nov. 11th, on the way to a show in Greensboro NC, handler Rob Storey, stopped at a rest stop and took a Golden retriever pup out for a walk in dog area behind building. When he came back, he found a window smashed out and the other 7 dogs he had with him, going to show, stolen. 3 Maltese: 1yr old female, 7mo. old male and an 8 mo. old. All wrapped. Also, a 1yr old Pom, 3 1/2lb. orange sable, a lot of black. The other 3 are Chihuahuas, all smooth coat. 2 fawn, one of them is bred and the 3rd very unusual coloring, Silver w/ black sabling, a black saddle and silver blaze. Microchipped avid 095812321. Some of these dogs belonged to owner Darlene, several were handlers and another a different clients pup. Please post anywhere you think might help. PM me for phone numbers and emails of owners, if you think you may have seen them. Thanks all...

A

Angel Chicken

Dude, what's up with people stealing show dogs in NC??

Sheesh... the rednecks (no offense to ANYONE here!) don't give a rat's butt about anything... just money... I'll bet my right foot that that is exactly what was intended to do with them.

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
Thats just crap!!!
I always worry about that with my dogs. Thats why I keep everything locked up at rest stops or if we stop at a gas station. Cant trust anyone nowadays.
I want to get one of these. Probably just customize a horse trailer or cargo trailer though

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
OMG.. this is why I NEVER leave Riot alone at the show grounds.. I'd leave my purse no problem in my show box though lol

Not that I'm worried too much about Riot getting stolen.. he'd let me them know that taking him would be a bad idea. but still..

OMG.. I feel for those people!

Dude, what's up with people stealing show dogs in NC??

Sheesh... the rednecks (no offense to ANYONE here!) don't give a rat's butt about anything... just money... I'll bet my right foot that that is exactly what was intended to do with them.
:lol-sign: @ rednecks!

I tell people I live in NC and they are like "you redneck."
It's funny sometimes.

It's terrible that people would do that though no matter if it's for money or not. The things that some people do in this world baffles me sometimes. I can't imagine how the owners feel. I hope they find the jerk that did this and he get's what's coming to him.

bubbatd

I imagine that they were all in their crates and it would take a while ......why weren't they seen ?! It's horrible !

I wonder.. what do these people do with these dogs after they steal them? Sell them?

I don't think they would be able show them... someone might recognize their dog :rolleyes:

I can't imagine someone stealing Binn if he was a show dog, and then having the nerve to show him, and then telling me that he wasn't my dog and that I must be crazy for thinking so :yikes:

otch1

Haven't gotten anymore details, as yet. Yes, all in small crates, very easy to pick up and quickly load into a car. I'm sure it was very,very early in am as he was on way to show and one generally needs to be setting up by 7 am. Guessing there were just a few truckers/semis' there, at that hour. Hoping one saw something.

Hopefully, they will be found. Remember the goldens that were snatched, but found? Hope it works out that way for these dogs.

I worry about Cole too. Believe it or not, people are crazy enough to steal dobes too. Knew this one guy who left his boy in his running truck. Some guy got in the truck with the dog. His intent was to steal the truck. Bad idea. The dobe took the man's face off.

Cole's Mom

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
What a nightmare!
I hope they recover them. God.

That is my biggest nightmare to the point of obsession. I worry about somebody stealing my dog. She's so pretty and friendly and Collies aren't common around here. I made the yard like fort knox, I'm that paranoid. I can't even imagine how these people feel.

Doberluv

Oh that is so sad and sooo many dogs! And the one Chi who's pregnant. I hope she'll be all right. I hope the police find these creeps. What if it's one of thoes illegal lab things? This is just horrible. Those poor people. I'll post this on another forum. I just can't imagine the horror of having that happen.

carlar

Dog Lover Boutique
That is terrible. I hope they get them back. Sad thing is that all vets don't check microchips when someone brings in a dog and says it's theirs...

Lizmo

Water Junkie
OMG!!!! :eek: :mad:

So did the Golden pup get stolen too? :(

Please give an update ASAP!!! :(

makka619

^^ It doesn't sound like the Golden got stolen, he was being taken for a walk when this happened.

This is awful, I really hope that these dogs are found very soon.

bubbatd

I'm sure that they all had micro chips so re-sale , or labs wouldn't work . To me they were stolen for a bad ending for them .

Members online

No members online now.