The dog musing/vent thread

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
My dog is getting fat and that is starting to make me feel like she's getting old :( She's gained 2 pounds since April (that's a lot for her!) and she's been on a drastic diet - only getting 2 cups of food a day instead of 3 cups :eek: Just makes me sad because she used to always maintain just fine on 3 cups, and now all of a sudden she's turning into a fatto lol. I know 2 cups is more than appropriate for her weight, but since it's so much less than what she's used to I feel like I'm starving her!

Who'da thunk that Happy would end up being the lean dog.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Watson is really taking to agility.

We had our third class this evening and he was having a grand time :)

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Phelan can sleep through the night, it's awesome, but he's quickly building stamina during the day. He's outgrowing and out doing in energy many of his friends to play with even after long training, fetch, and tug sessions. Monster Noise is a good boy.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Oh Juno I could punch you. We just went for a bike ride which we've only done a handful of times, because I find bikes horribly uncomfortable lol. But everything was going great, she pays close attention to me when biking and even when I let her off leash to go crazy in the park, she chose to just keep trotting next to me. And then, I turn down my street. We are ONE HOUSE AWAY and a squirrel runs into the street. Her ears perk up, I tell her leave it and she looks at me, and I'm not worried because on walks and whatnot she never tries to go after them. Now we're like a couple feet from the squirrel and it starts running, and I think that combined with the fact that Juno was running too.... was apparently too much for her and LUNGE my dog tries to go after it.

I saw it happening early enough that I was able to slow way down, she basically just kind of pulled me into the curb and I was able to lean off the bike without tumbling lol. I just hate that she went and soured a perfectly good bike ride at the very last moment! By doing something so uncharacteristic! Blah.

And my legs are sore as hell from the uphill biking, clearly it has been a LONG, LONG time since I've really went bike riding!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I know I have a million things to work on with Payton.
Important things.
Contacts.
Weave poles.
Jumping skills.

But right now all I want to do is teach him a footstall.

Locke

Lady, it's great that your dog wants to meet every single dog in the neighbourhood, but guess what? Not every dog wants to meet him!! Stop crossing to my side of the sidewalk so our dogs can meet!!!

My husband has always called Maisy "weasel dog" as a nickname because she's creepy flexible.

So I just saw her get through the cat gap under the hardware-mounted baby gate, which is all of 6", by slipping her head under and then turning on her side and shimmying her body through.

Now I'm going to start calling her weasel dog, too.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
My husband has always called Maisy "weasel dog" as a nickname because she's creepy flexible.

So I just saw her get through the cat gap under the hardware-mounted baby gate, which is all of 6", by slipping her head under and then turning on her side and shimmying her body through.

Now I'm going to start calling her weasel dog, too.
...wow. And I was impressed when Feist wiggled under the baby gate. But she's got nothing on Maisy.

With these dogs... I'm living in a television paradise, I tell you. Unfortunately, it's one of those really bad sitcom sketches that you watch and think, "Yeah right, nobody's that dumb".

Holly has a few issues, and is due for some shots so we're off to the vets this morning. So I've got her onleash and, armed with my trusty dollar store ladle, funnel, and container, I follow her around the yard. Of course, she was whining at the door before I was dressed, so I was in my jammies and crocs. I hope the neighbours were sleeping late this morning.

Anyway, after a few starts and stops because she was really wondering why the heck I was so interested, she finally found "the" spot and started to go. Everything worked well, slipped the ladle under and got the sample. Then Rig decided to investigate. Somehow, in my attempt to block him from sticking his nose in the ladle, I managed to pour half ON HOLLY.

She was not impressed. Less impressed with a bath.

And yes, I tossed the ladle. I know I could get it clean/sterile again if I washed it really well and tossed it into the dishwasher, but "Pee Scoop Soup" is NOT what I want to pop into my head every time I serve up my good old Ham & Pea this winter (Ugh, LOL, "Ham & Pee Scoop Soup").

GipsyQueen

Wubbas are the most annoying toys on the planet. Someone needs to make them less squeaky. :eek:

Also Zora moans at her wubba. I question her sometimes.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Shouldn't the short form of Shetland Sheepdog be Shetlie? Not Sheltie?
I don't even know why it's not just "Shetland." Or if Border Collie is BC sheltie should be SS, shouldn't it?

Like in Chevys.
Super Sport.

Payton SS.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
I just found out that I get to play with baby basenjis again this winter. Watson's breeder has litters on the way :D

:banana:

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
"How to steal a bone"

Identify the target:

Find your alternative:

Pretend you want the alternative, in the hopes of making the target jealous:

Move closer to the target:

Abandon hope of enticing target away from prize; start to stalk prize:

Grovel:

Grovel while moving closer, until target is annoyed and moves:

Win the prize: