Dad worries that we might get sick b/c of dog

josephine

Today Prita finished all the vaccinations(she takes also pills for the worms etc),that she had to do. But my dad worries all the time that we might get sick,for some reason because of the dog if we touch it way too much,we put it all the time in the house etc etc...That someone of us might eat dog hair and we'll end up sick...yada yada..I can't stand it hearing all that.Pisses me off.
I've had dogs before,but never a long haired one so i just he worries about the hair :rolleyes:

Is there any chance that he might be true?

All the people i know that had dogs,didn't have any issues of sickness....

thanks

Nope, not a shred of reason to worry about it. You probably end up ingesting more of each others' hair than the dog's.

Here's a good thing to tell him, and it's true: studies are now showing that people who grow up with pets have significantly fewer problems with allergies later in life.

And we've known for a long time that pets lower blood pressure and release our stresses, which lessens chances for all sorts of life threatening things like stroke and heart attack.

josephine

Thank you so much for your quick reply Renee!!! :)

He likes her and plays with her a lot but sometimes he has some issues...
Thanks i'll tell him that!
:D

bogolove

This reminds me, I used to have a roommate who told me that every time her dog went out to potty, when she came in her mom would give the dog a bath EVERY time after the dog went out. I thought that was sad for the dog.

Blondie

Dads are weird, Josephine. Mine wasn't ecstatic about the new dog, we didn't even tell him we were getting one because we knew he wouldn't want him and I was so sure he'd make a scene. He didn't want him on the furniture, he didn't want to be near dog's food, he didn't want _anything_. It's been 11 months now since we got Blondie, and he absolutely loves him, plays with him all the time, and buys his food. Who would have thought?? Give your dad some time, I'm sure he'll get used to the dog.

I have lived with dogs all my life, short haired ones, long haired ones, big ones, little ones, pedigrees, mutts, and rarely even get a cold. I think my last cold was in 1996.

You have a much better chance of catching something from another human than a dog, especially one that is taken care of properly.

Chazhound

Members online

No members online now.