Ontario AAC Regionals

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I know they are busy, it just seemed excessively snarky..

We're camping on site, so least I can change 100 times if I have to ;) I just got back from a private at Kathryn's, we worked on 180s expanding them to 270s to see what worked and what didn't and why. Was helpful, as I've never done that before. She actually put down a bar to make it into a visual pinwheel for me.

We worked on some distance Cider on the other side of the dog walk over jumps some, flipping into tunnels.. Least I feel we have a little better handle on gambling skills. It's hard not to think of them as masters courses, but Kathryn told me that the designers were told that they are not supposed to be the hardest courses they have ever designed, as it's a qualifying event, not the worlds, and people of all levels go. So at least that makes me breathe a little easier that they shouldn't be as hard as possible, but still a challenge..

Haha, coffee along the way is no trouble. I may take you up on that actually. Cider had an off day today, she just seemed tired. Willing to please, did everything I asked, but kept laying down, which isn't like her.. That's something I never thought to ask.. I save all my course maps, I didn't think to ask if anyone had last years regionals maps to just look at.. awesome.

True, I'm not tryign to really fix our weaknesses or worry them. We're working hard on just practicing weave entries, as that is probably the thing that is our biggest issue, but she's doing really well, and I even managed off side weaves a few times today.

I will go work on taking a deep breath. Thank you. :)

When and where does this take place? If its notto far I might take a drive and go watch. Im going to be getting Duke started in agility and would just like to go see first hand what all this looks like in the end.

First I saw it say Ilderton and I thought must be far Ive never heard of it. But then read and its only outside of London. About 1hour and 1/2 for me. Not that far. I might have to come out for a day and check it out.

MafiaPrincess

Cool. It's like 3 hours from me, but we're camping there. Friday is steeplechase and a round of equipment familiarity.
Sat and Sun is the actual qualifying rounds. Those would likely be more fun to watch as there is 6 rings, 2 standard, 2 gamblers, 2 jumpers going on at once so you get to see a variety.

MafiaPrincess

So they've completed the volunteer schedule. Apparently they simply scheduled people for when they volunteered to work.. I volunteered a whack load of time.. Not really knowing how regionals works.. So like an idiot I sent off another email asking if people running were taken into account... Wonder if I'll get a snarky email back telling me I shouldn't have volunteered.. *sigh*

MafiaPrincess

Thank god. They aren't scheduling competitors for specific tasks.. Just jump in to help when you can. Yay. I'm going to go learn how to breathe ;)

Brandyb

Ahhh, regional nerves, I got those two. But really, it's not so bad. It seemed pretty organized last year, and you pretty much just follow your group around for the day....everything seems to fall into place.
I never got confirm by email - nothing, and I don't think Joanne did either. Just looked on the site at the list, and the group placements, which indicates the group running order. I think it'll be small to tall sat., then tall to small sun. I think everything is given when you reg. I don't remember getting email confirm. last year either.
Lynn said last year to me, just remember to breath ... that's some darn good advice. I look at it as fun first, competative 2nd. Helps with the butterflies.
Got some of last years courses if you want to have a look-see. When you analyze them, they are really not horrifically bad (though one gamble, uh uh, no way).
Brandy and I did disgusting last year, but still had a pretty good (but tiring) time - and heck, it was our first try at it. We've got some higher goals this year (been working the distance for prep.), but as long as my little dog is having fun regardless of what she's doing, (well, maybe not if she runs out of the ring) then I'm having fun too.
Cross your fingers no rain!
What groups are you all in?
Oh, yeah, remember to bring your AAC card to reg. I forgot last year - duh - thank God I know my # off by heart and they let that slide.

MafiaPrincess

Haha I can harass you all weekend, seems we are both group 2C. I hadn't noticed when I originally scanned the list fast..

My AAC cards live in my wallet just in case ;) Seems group 2C is the american cocker contingent. Indy, Cider, Jeremy and a cocker I don't know.

Cider rocked this weekend even though the Qs were low. Master gamblers rocked as my baby girl did the mini gamble twice. jump frame far tunnel.. but we couldn't do the main, same as last weekend out tire was a no go, so I guess we'll quickly work on that wednesday in class.. Won't push it, just see if under no pressure we can do it at 20-22 feet. And it was raining.. Cider hates rain and we don't have much practice in it.

Master snooker was going really really well but we had a bad start, Cider stood to shake and touched the start line.. has never happened before and I froze like a deer in headlights till someone yelled RUN... Three reds, three 6s (tunnel jump tunnel).. did 205 of the closing nicely, got the correct tunnel entrance on 6 and I somehow moved my shoulder and she avoided the jump running into me.. so 35/40 points. But she ran fantastic and was really responsive. People came up to me to tell me how far we've come as many people were surprised to see us registered in masters stuff..

Advanced standard was spot on even with some oddness. Cider went towards the ascending spread to jump it backwards rather than the table, but the approach was still good so we were okay, we couldn't weave from the table though and got a refusal, Cider tried to weave in between pole 2 and 3, twice.. Got distracted right before the end but managed to still make it over a jump she was too close to, so it was quite a nice run, except we still have weave issues... and it was raining and she made it through a wet chute also a first for the dog who used to have big chute issues.

It was coming down hard by advanced team, we ran our side of the course perfectly including 12 weaves and the entry, I was soaked she was soaked but she was so good. LeQuippe took a wrong course, but it was trappy, weaves right beside a tunnel, so 5 faults but you can have 5.. we are pretty sure we Qd, but between the rain and a messed up computer we are waiting on the results. If we did, 1 more team and we have our AGDC.

Lastly master jumpers which I have been terrified of forever.. we actually ran beautifully. I pulled my shoulder on a pinwheel though and she came in to me on a jump I took for granted. So we got eliminated as it wasn't worth redoing it, but for a first try I was amazed at how well we did.

I feel a little better going into regionals, she was so on this weekend. I don't care if we don't rock regionals, I've seen how far we've come finally at this weekend's trial..

Now to work on my shoulders, lol.

MafiaPrincess

Stupid disappearing edit button ^ 2-5.. not 205 oops

I'm pretty proud for a super soggy weekend. I hope we have the skills to at least run controlled at regionals. If only I can think about my shoulders. If it hadn't been so soggy Kerri and I would have hopefully taped more of each others runs.. I'd love to see what my body did..

maple

Queen of the Jungle
Good pictures! Looks like a nice place to practice.

Good luck this weekend.

Brandyb

Oh, I didn't notice you were in 2C - I should have know better. Joanne was all excited that all the am.cockers were together - LOL. Harass me all you want - maybe that will keep my mind of my barfing feeling - LOL.
Great pics! And congrats on the good runs - I'm sure you'll do fantastic this weekend.
Yeesh, couple more days and were there........

Dekka

Just try me..
Hey for any chazzers NOT running (jealous now, Dekka and I had some great runs at that trial too, and got 2 titles...whoot go us :D) Anyone want to meet up on the sun to enjoy some great agility?

MafiaPrincess

Where are you staying Julie? Kerri and I just changed our plans last night, the cockers are sleeping in the jrt trailer now. My campsite, her vehicle. Yay less work for me ;)

Oh good I'm not the only one who gets totally freaked out and nauseous.. Dekka's runs were exceptionally nice. Someone got her groove back ;)

Brandyb

We're roughing it at the Quality Suites - LOL - got a Jack and a cocker together too. Though Joannes getting a different room - got the baby now. I thought about camping for 2 seconds, and decided, no good for me. I like to camp....but not when it's this kind of weekend....plus what's camping without fishing! ;)
Hehe, everytime I think about going I feel sick. I'm trying not to but I can't help it... I can't even look at a course map right now without getting queezy....bleh. Thinking about bringing some beer - calm the nerves ... wouldn't help with my lack of co-ordination though! :D

Members online

No members online now.