Amazing GSD Breeder!!!!

• Thread starter savethebulliedbreeds
  • Start date
S

savethebulliedbreeds

Here is a link to look at of a GSD breeder in my area (Shepherd Glen Kennels). I know her personally and she is a wonderful breeder & trainer. Take a look at her site.

She even guarantees her dogs for 8 years and offers cash rewards of up to $2000 for winning an event.

http://www.shepherdglenk9.com

R

RedyreRottweilers

I don't like the breeding only to the inhouse dogs, and not titling bitches.

This is one way to cut corners and make $$$$.

JMO of course...

S

savethebulliedbreeds

How can you say its just a way to make money...she pays OUT money to owners for winning titles with her dogs. These are service and working dogs. All of her dogs do something. I see we have no problem finding problems with breeders here no matter how good they are do we.

Roxy's CD

A lot of those dogs are mainly black! I thought shepherds were supposed to be black and tan... hmm. Do black shepherds do well in confirmation? I thought it was a breed standard to be black and tan.

S

savethebulliedbreeds

CKC Breed Standard

Colour

The German Shepherd Dog differs widely in colour. Generally speaking, strong, rich colours are to be preferred, with definite pigmentation, and without appearance of a washed-out colour. White dogs are to be disqualified.

R

RedyreRottweilers

STBB, when someone buys dogs already titled, and neglects to title what they breed, I am suspicious of their motives.

When someone has 3 inhouse stud dogs, and 7 breeding bitches, only one which is titled, and who is entering into a "breeding partnership" with another person, my suspicions get aroused.

I've been doing the dog thing for a long time, and my OPINION is, if I were looking for a GSD, I would look elsewhere.

Just My Personal Opinion.....

S

savethebulliedbreeds

OMG this is rediculous....she IMO is one of the best breeders I have ever seen. She is the most dedicated person. Whatever I give up on trying to show what a good breeder is....b/c for some reason there will never be a good enough breeder in some peoples eyes. For some reason there will always be a person who thinks they are better. She spends 24/7 training these dogs and she does not buy all of her bitches titled. I personally don't think every dog that a person owns has to be titled by that person. I find nothing wrong with buying an already titled dog to breed with.

R

RedyreRottweilers

STBB, ease up.

You posted the link.

You have your opinion of this breeder.

I hold a different one. No reason to spaz out.

I did not say buying titled dogs for breeding purposes is wrong.

I said breeding these titled dogs, and not titling the PROGENY does not sit well with me personally.

Having 10 breeding dogs, including 3 stud dogs, also does not sit well with me.

This is MY OPINION, to which I'm entitled, as you are to your own.

:D

S

savethebulliedbreeds

Im am not spazzing out. I am however saying that she IS a good breeder, not only IMO but in many, many peoples opinions. I didn't put her link on her for her kennel to get run down. I put it on here so people could see what a good breeder is. And she is a good breeder. I also know she is not "cutting corners" to make money....she spends WAY more then she makes. I mean paying out for titles....I'd like to see how many people do that. She wants the best for her dogs.

elegy

overdogged
she's got one litter on the ground and two more dogs bred? that's just flat out too freaking many puppies, especially since the litter she's got isn't spoken for.

LizzieCollie

Collie Crazy
I really hate those sloping back ends, it looks like the dogs are practically dragging their behinds on the floor. Im not criticizing this particular breeder, just the show line breeders who actually breed for this type of thing

LizzieCollie

Collie Crazy
elegy said:
she's got one litter on the ground and two more dogs bred? that's just flat out too freaking many puppies, especially since the litter she's got isn't spoken for.
I believe she has all the pups spoken for, except for that one male

R

RedyreRottweilers

I was not running her kennel down.

You posted a link.

I made comments, clearly marked as MY OPINION.

Please drive through.

Jynx

those "sloping" backs are german dogs, not american. And yes, GSD's come in a variety of colors including solid black. AKC does not recognize "white" dogs in conformation but other colors, sable/blacks are acceptable.

Actually I think her dogs are pretty striking looking. The titled ones she has bought, impress me more than the ones that she's bred, but that's just my opinion.

Would I buy one from her? Not sure, couldn't say from just a website.

As for "cash rewards",,,I get rebates on my aussie, 150$ PER title.(She's paid for herself a couple times over *vbg*)Her rebates are "ok", and just giving one, is more than most would offer, but the amounts unless you hit a big win at a national aren't that much incentive in my opinion.

I personally would like to see her titling her own dogs, that would impress me more. again, just my opinion.
diane

Sheka

Cute pups :) They all look healthy, Great parents, health tests, good garentee, socialized with kids, is in lots of dog clubs and seems to love the breed. Hey, its alot better than most breeders. If i was looking for a dog, this would definetly be an option.the litter is priced at 400-800$ per pup, most places got from the thousands up, so if shes actually doing all tests ect.. shes definetly not making any money. im a "pet quality" person lol so i have no idea about the titling ect... but all of this is just my opinion

Members online

No members online now.