Retrieve training (video)

Danefied

Breez wanted me to post that she is offended that nobody bothered to comment on her thread.

Now she's sad. And she will probably have to distress a shoe or two to deal with the pain. And it will be all chaz's fault. :p

mrose_s

BusterLove
Love it! She's gorgeous!
I really would like to teach Quinn a formal retrive, she'll retrieve anything I want her to and bring it right back and place it in my hand but I want her to retrieve, sit and wait for me to take it fromher.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Very nice!

I'm working on a retrieve with Izzie so we can possibly play scenthurdle, she has an itty bitty mouth though so it's taking a bit getting her comfortable :p

Danefied

Love it! She's gorgeous!
I really would like to teach Quinn a formal retrive, she'll retrieve anything I want her to and bring it right back and place it in my hand but I want her to retrieve, sit and wait for me to take it fromher.
That's what we're working on with Bates, my trainer really wants me to do traditional obedience with him. The dog is definitely cut out for it - the handler not so much, but we'll see...

Love it! I also love that the camera shook from her jumping up to get it. :p
Ha ha!! I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. I so forget how big she is - and she's not even that big for a dane!!

Very nice!

I'm working on a retrieve with Izzie so we can possibly play scenthurdle, she has an itty bitty mouth though so it's taking a bit getting her comfortable :p
Izzie is the little mouth, Breez is the big mouth LOL. Yeah, we don't have little mouth problems that's for sure! Though Bates is missing a bottom canine, and he tends to reposition things in his mouth 'cause with that missing tooth they fall out. Hopefully we can work on fixing that.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I love her enthusiasm!

If I am ever successful in getting Frodo learned on day to day tasks (dremeling, muzzling, crating quietly) I would love to eventually teach him to retrieve. I have made some half-assed attempts and failed :p

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
That is so cute! I had no idea so much was involved in teaching a formal retrieve!

is the take it what you usually teach first? lol I'm amazed! I'm lucky if the dog doesn't a) run away playing CHASE ME or b) come bounding back and run full force into my legs lol

Members online