WHY do people do that!?

T

tessa_s212

As a receptionist at a veterinary clinic,.. I have one very, very, very big pet peeve:

owners that call in saying their pet has had a problem for a week, two weeks, or even months, and then DEMAND that their pet needs to be seen TODAY. Especially on Saturdays when we are only open half days - and then when we tell them they'll have to go to the e-vet because we are already booked full, WE are the bad guys? I think NOT!

If you think your animal might need to be seen something, call in the first day you see the problem! if you are the 'wait and see' kind of person (I sometimes am), set it up for a few days from now. If it gets better like you hope it will, then you can cancel the appointment! And then if it doesn't get better, t hen you know you already have an appointment and will be seen. Trust me, we'd MUCH rather sit there and have to book you an appointment, for you to call back and cancel because it is better, then to have a frantic owner on the phone mad because we have no time for walk ins.

/rant

MPP

petperson
"God is great. Beer is good. People are crazy." Gotta love that country music--real life set to music!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I'm a 'wait and see' type of person. But if whatever that dog has, that hasn't gotten better by Friday morning, I always go in if I think the dog needs it. I never wait till weekends or nights. I've only had to call our vet during the night as his house once because Blaze was *sick*.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Because they can. I work at a physio office and we get people like that all the time. It is rather annoying and they make a big fuss. We even get people in who call and cancel their appointments and then end up coming anyways thinking they will get in and the appointent is still free.. its like "NO we are a busy clinic were going to fill that space" And then they make a big fuss.

the best is when they call in frantic for an appointment. You squeeze them in somewhere, and then they don't show up two hours later. What? did they forget?

We're a me first society and we want what we want, when we want it.

Members online

No members online now.