Wolf dog as prison guard?

Pops2

One of the reasons for using Filas is because it is in their nature to hold rather than maul -- as long as you don't fight back and stay still. That's a large part of the reason they were used to track down runaway slaves in the bad old days . . . they could track, were fast enough to catch, and didn't damage the slaves unnecessarily when they did catch. Unpleasant to consider, but a lot of history is like that.
thorneywood's terror (the main foundation stud for the KC & AKC bull & english mastiffs) would regularly take down & hold multiple men WHILE MUZZLED. bulls & mastiffs are generally supposed to catch & hold. release & regrip is incorrect technique for them.

StillandSilent

If they have a good breeding program full of highly trained dogs, I don't understand why they want to take in a dog who has a history of aggression, and no training. Why not use their own dogs, if that's why they're breeding them?

Romy

Taxiderpy
They should just turn a herd of jersey bulls loose at night. If someone tried to escape there wouldn't be much mess to clean up afterward.

pitbullfriends

Pitbull Friends
even if they were good guard dogs, dogs are territorial and designed to keep things from entering their territory not from leaving it. Seems like a silly solution to me should have just worked with the owner and let him keep it.

Kayota

Even if none of the dogs attacked, only the most knowing dog person would not be afraid of a group of wolfdogs and Filas standing around. Most people have little to no experience with wolfdogs or Filas... If it were pit bulls then they'd just get licked to death and I'm sure a good half of the prisoners would know better than to be afraid, but I would be willing to bet that the large majority have never seen a Fila in person. They can be frightening dogs if you don't know what body language to look for... And they aren't the friendliest to strangers anyway from what I've heard.

Members online

No members online now.