What is ma' Bo?

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I have gotten the craziest guesses from people as to what is in him. My guess is a Pit/Catahoula mix maybe? He's around 10 months old and weighs about 35lbs. Little bitty thing. His fur is thicker than T-Bones and much softer, so that throws me off a little.

What do you think?

Bodyshots

Hai!

Floppy ears and worry wrinkles

A lapdog.

MicksMom

Can I ask a really dumb question? Is it possible he's all APBT? He's just a little smaller, weight wise, for an adult APBT (at least according to this link American Pit Bull Terrier), but he's still young . Now, granted, I don't know a heck of a lot about Pits, but except for his ears, conformation wise, he sure looks like the one at the top of that article. His ears appear to be more like the one in the older picture. Oh, btw- he really is a handsome fellow!

F

FluffyZooCrew

Looks to be like he could be a full blooded APBT. Some are badly bred, so they come out looking like mixes. But I mainly just see pit bull in him.

Pops2

Mick's Mom
he could be. nobody cared about ears on game dogs all that mattered was sound structure & heart. you can see ADBA registered dogs bred from game stock that you and most everyone else would swear was a lab mix w/o any pit.

if he is a cur/bullbreed mix it could be any breed of cur & any breed of bull. i've see a bullmastiffXridgeback (aussie hogdog known mix) that was identical conformation to my catXAB right down to the color & markings. the aussie who showed me the pics had it w/ a dog that looked like a littermate but was an entirely different cross. the last catXpit i had a smaller but otherwise identical conformation to the catXAB. i've also seen pure BMCs, BMCXs, plottX, Mt curX & even a redboneXboxer & labXboxer that were conformationally identical in the important areas. the ONLY differences being height/weight and ears. but the ratios were the same like height to length, height to width, muzzle to head, muzzle length to width, muscle distribution, angulation; all had more consistancy than within some purebreeds.

so basically, if you don't know a dog's history, it's all just pleasant musings. like what if i won the lottery.

Last edited:
He's right in the size range of Tallulah. He could very well be purely APBT. He looks a lot like she did (only not as scrawny) when I brought her home. Her coat was thicker and softer as a pup than it is as an adult, too.

You'll see some differences in dogs descended from game lines.

Maxy24

He looks all or mostly APBT. His head is a bit different than most pits, not sure in what way though, could be the ears.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I think he looks a lot like SillySally's Sally in the face.

Not helpful but just observing. His coat looks a bit different than most pits I see. Especially on the tail and near his back legs. But I really can't see anything other than pit bull in him.

Pops, what do you mean by "flag tail?" Bo's tail (except for the color) looks like Tallulah's. She doesn't have a full white tip, but she does have some white hairs right at the tip

Pits&Pugs

He looks mostly pit to me :)...but I could see a mix of something...no idea what though.....very handsome guy !

Pops2

flag tail or brush tail means the tail is "smooth" across the top but the hair hangs down on the bottom side. like a german sheperd just not as thick or long.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
One thing I know for sure: He has a Terrier mindset. And, as I found out last night, he also has the Terrier farts. Ugh. :rofl1:

Members online

No members online now.