carrots made my dogs explode!

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I usually give the dogs some chopped up carrots (2-3) in their kibble about 3 times a week.

Well yesterday they got some carrots and then this morning about 5 they both got really bad diarrhea:confused: . Me and Mark also ate the carrots and didn't get that sick but our stomachs just weren't feeling right (although it may have been from cleaning up the mess the dogs made all over the floor). Could our carrots have been bad? We only had them for about a week and a half.

The poor dogs are still sick and asking to go out every half an hour:( .

Maybe it wasnt the carrots....I cant imagine carrots causing something like that considering dogs usually dont digest much of a whole carrot....did they get into anything else?

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Maybe it wasnt the carrots....I cant imagine carrots causing something like that considering dogs usually dont digest much of a whole carrot....did they get into anything else?
No, nothing out of the ordinary that I can think of. They both got their kibble and a few chopped up baby carrots. I put the carrots through a little processor thing. They have never had problems eating carrots before though and they like them even as a snack they will eat a whole baby carrot with no problems.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Did you wash the carrots before hand? There may have been something on them.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Did you wash the carrots before hand? There may have been something on them.
Yup, I'm always paranoid about washing fruits and veggies. Me and Mark were thinking maybe there was something wrong with the carrots though because we got sick and he took some to work to finish off the bag yesterday too and a guy at his work had some and wasn't feeling right either. I wonder what though I'm feeling better now and so is Mark and his friend and the dogs stomachs seem to be settling down too.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
That's odd. I feed tosca raw whole carrots all the time. Are you sure they didn't get into something else?

Members online

No members online now.