"Lucky" Border Collie update

LauraLeigh

Well........ This morning my phone rings, and this very excited voice says "Please tell me you still have the BC!!!!"

Here is the story, they live on a farm, just a mile or so from work. They know he is scared of T&L and put him in during any storms, this one snuck up and the hubby was far out in a field and the wife in town. As soon as they realized he had been left out, they called the local shelter.. WHO SAID THEY HAD NO REPORTS OF STRAY BC's!!!!:yikes: This was less than a day after I spoke with them!! It makes me a bit untrusting to be honest. Either they were flat lying or disorganized and lost the info... The owners were told they'd be called... No calls came in, they saw a poster and called from that!!!

He has had a nice break from his farm chores... but I am sure he'll be happy to be back at work!:D

Ironically his name is Lucky.... :lol-sign:

wishbone

Nice story, finally he's going home, hope Lucky might not run again and scared of thunder.

LauraLeigh

oh how wonderful! Tell them to put tags on Lucky--or he might not be so lucky next time!
Forgot to mention that, they said they are going to have tags made right away, because this scared the daylights out of them. When I met them tonight he was SO happy to see them, and ran circles around the "Dad" who is clearly his person. He was a bit torn though, running back to snuggle my daughter and I as well.

As for the shelter, I am just hoping it was wires crossed, one person took the message and forgot to note it in the right place..... Then when the owners call person 2 who has no knowledge of the call...

I am just so glad he is home and happy!!!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Happy Dance that is the best news of all. I am so glad you did the right thing by him and he can be reunited with his family. Best news all the way around.

Members online