Are your dogs allowed on the furniture?

Yep, except for my recliner and desk chair. Erp is the only one who has to be forcibly removed from my desk chair, as the dogs dont fit.

milos_mommy

My dogs are allowed free access to furniture whenever they want. I don't have a problem with it, and I don't feel the need for them to ask. All I require is that they get off when asked, and that's never been a problem. Also, no bones or chewies are allowed on the furniture. Mushroom struggles with that a little bit sometimes.
Yep. Get down when asked, don't eat greasy bones on the couch (which he needs to be reminded of constantly) but pretty much whenever he wants whatever he wants he's allowed on.

However, when we visit guests, i try very hard to inforce the "only if you're invited" rule. Usually it works as far as couches, beds are another story. He thinks they're all his.

IcyHound

Yes.

They also have their own couch to destroy as they see fit. And a futon with dog beds on it. They do have to get down immediately if asked but they are allowed up at will.

mrose_s

BusterLove
Buser is allowed on my bed, Mac isn't even allowed in my room. Harry is allowed in my room and on the bed if invited. Sophie is allowed in my room but not on the bed.
That just breaks down to who Buster will tolerate on the bed/in the room, who desttoys my room ever time there in there and who is happy to get on the bed and just leave Buster alone.

Couches, Mac is allowed on but no-one else. i don't agree wiht this logic, I really think Mac should get kicked off like everyone else. She jumps over the back, she sleeps and stands on the arm rests, she tries to take my spots, and she's only allowed on because she's smaller. Which annoys me.

Outside cahirs they are all entitled to, the blue boys love them.

Elliot has run of everything, even the kitchen benches if he can get away wiht it/

Hillside

Original Twin
I tried to not let Django on the furniture, but Ryan wanted him there and I saw that he (Django, not Ryan) wasn't the type to challenge me, so he is allowed wherever. When I get the Mal girl, I am going to see how she is and go from there.

Toller_08

Sort of. My Dad invites Winston up sometimes, but we prefer not to have the dogs on the couch. There's not enough room for everyone and my mom and I are mildly allergic to dogs, and having Doberman and Rottie hairs on the couch can be very irritating because of that.

No and yes.
There's a "dog futon" in the basement which Pit can go on, but he doesn't use it too much. As soon as I move and trash the futon, he will not be allowed on anything.
There's no reasoning behind it, I just really don't like dogs on my furniture.

Dekka

Just try me..
Yep they are all allowed on the furniture (that is why it is called fur-niture :D) But when we had Alex (125 pounds of very hairy dog) he was not allowed on the furniture. But with little dogs even when all 5 are on the couch, there is still room for a human or two.

jammer

High Maintenance
Zoe has her own chair. She needs firm boundaries and she's not allowed on anything expect "her" chair without being invited.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Sort of. My Dad invites Winston up sometimes, but we prefer not to have the dogs on the couch. There's not enough room for everyone and my mom and I are mildly allergic to dogs, and having Doberman and Rottie hairs on the couch can be very irritating because of that.
Morgan is not allowed on the furniture for the same reason. My husband is mildly allergic. As long as he doesn't roll around on the floor he is perfectly fine, but dog hair on the couch is definitely a no-no for him. As for me, I don't personally care either way, but I grew up in a house with 5 dogs that were never allowed on the furniture, so it just seems natural to me that they stay on the floor.

Besides, as soon as Morgan grows into his crate he's probably going to end up with a bed that is nicer than ours (right now he just has a blanket), so I doubt he is going to complain any. :)

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Mine are required to be on the furniture - especially a bed or a couch. I use a "climb" command, and they have to get up there and stay on it. It keeps them out of the garbage, the wires, the walls. But they are expected to follow some rules to being up there - like moving over if I want to be there, and if they are rude or rank, they get kicked off and either put on a down stay on the floor ( a lot less fun) or put in a crate (even less fun).

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I used to attempt the only when invited thing, for furniture... But it just isn't realistic, for me. Fozzie is so picky about being comfortable, and he would be on the couch 90% of the time when we got home. So, rather than be inconsistent, I decided to allow them on it whenever. BUT, they HAVE TO get off the second they are asked to, and they cannot jump onto people sitting on the couch.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Ozzy is pretty much allowed on every piece of furniture we own. Except my mothers bed, and the computer chair, which belonged to my grandmother. Everything else is fair game and is treated as such.

Unless he is invited onto my mothers bed, or the chair, he doesn't get on those. He doesn't like the automan footstool thing we have, but he loves my brothers bed, my bed and the couch. He will get down if asked too.

Members online

No members online now.