overdose ester-c 500mg

Terra

Hi everybody,

My dog is a jack russell male 5 years old.. has accidently swollen my vitamin pill (ester-c 500mg) and behaved very weild ,,, limping and restless ... i am very worried ... should i admit him to the hospital...auyone could advise me what am i supposed to do.

Toller_08

I would get him into the vet as soon as possible, if he's distressed. I have no idea if there's anything you can do for him at home..

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
If he is distressed as Toller said, then yes! Vet asap!

But, a side note: both of my dogs take Ester C everyday. So, could he have gotten into something else as well?

You really can't overdose on Vit C as it is water soluble and any excess is naturally flushed from the system. It will give him darrhea though.

But if he is acting strange and you do not know the cause a vet visit is in order.

Saje

Island dweller
I'd call and check with your vet. Ester C is a different form of Vitamin C (which is flushed from the body quickly) I know that Ester C is metabolized a lot slower than regular vitamin C supplements and with a small dog that might make a difference. Best to check with your vet.

Members online

No members online now.