The Venting Thread

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Hannah is sick so that means no co op tomorrow. THAT means I have to run around and find someone to cover my gym class and tell them what we are scheduled to do tomorrow for that class and hope they are willing to teach it for me. I have a co teacher but she is also sick. As is everyone else it seems

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DJEtzel

Le huge sigh.

I'm annoyed there is a flyer on FB saying online registration is available. I don't want to take off work and drive 3.5 hours to a potentially full event.

I WANT IN THE WATER. Well, my dogs do.
While I was searching around I saw a few others around the portland area in march... have you seen these other events? I could probably find them again. lol

Equinox

Le huge sigh.

I'm annoyed there is a flyer on FB saying online registration is available. I don't want to take off work and drive 3.5 hours to a potentially full event.

I WANT IN THE WATER. Well, my dogs do.
I just saw it on my Facebook and couldn't find anything about online registration, either. Their status on the 20th, though, says

Special announcement: New Event MARCH 7-10, 2013

X-Treme AirDogs has just been contacted by Mr Bill O'loughlin and the Pacific Nw Sportsmans show to put on one of our X-Treme AirDogs competitions during the 4 day sportsmans show in Redmond Oregon! It has not been confirmed as of yet (working out logistics) but because of the short turn around I told Bill I need to send the word out to all of our competitors and give everyone a chance to plan. This is what we all have been waiting for, the best sportsmans show series on the planet with the best marketing and advertising period!! This event will be bringing back some history as we will be using the same huge tent we used during the first Pacific NW Sportsmans show that NW Challenge produced for DD back in 2004! Yes we will have a heated tent and ..... Yes for the first time in the history of the sport a heated pool! We will be purchasing a 100,000 BTU pool heater for this event and for future cold weather events! Yes you heard me right! Heated Pool & Heated Tent and a high energy X-Treme AirDogs competition during the dead of the winter! Who's up for the challenge? Please contact me by e-mail or on facebook if you can make it. More information will follow and I will confirm that this event will happen as soon as I hear back from the O'loughlin family!
Granted, it was before they were able to confirm the event but that's the only thing I could find!

And they did include their e-mail and number on their flyer, so if you're worried about the event being full on the day of... sending them an e-mail/Facebook message wouldn't hurt?

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Uuuuggghhh we're having crazy snow and I'm at work. I'm really hoping it slows down and is plowed by the time I leave work. I commute about 15 miles/30 min (in good weather). Eeeeeesssssh all I can do is stare out the windows and cringe right now.

I really don't want to spend the night in our big creepy building. I didn't even bring a dog with me, either. ****. LOL I'd prefer to have the Mal handy for such events.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Additionally, too many see the pretty aspects of the breed, like the bad assery of pit bulls. I always delete or make private my awful videos for fear of holier than thou Internet trainer backlash but sometimes I regret that and wish people did see the hardships that turn these dogs into such amazing working machines.
Yep. I do the same - don't share all the vids I have because I'm afraid of people being dumb about it, but kind of wish people could see some of the crazy in my "starter malinois". Of course then the wrong people see them and think "bad ass dog" again, too. Lose-Lose.

I went to a show and go this weekend and people got all weirded out and nervous when Aeri started tooth chattering and grabbing my shirt. They were amazed at my patience when she ripped my shirt, but to me it was really nbd, though I was wishing she'd stop because of the comments it was getting. They understood the alligator print leash and thought it was funny, though.

I'm around mal people and other similar high arousal breed people so much that I forget that the average dog, even in many sports, doesn't have to work through stuff like that so it caught me off guard I guess. At least I got to practice with an equivalent to ring nerves? :p

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
This belongs in the good news thread but as for the Xtreme air dog event a friend contacted them and they'll have a registrar up today and won't turn away on site registration due to late notice.

Yay. :)

Slight vent, Denis is in AZ that weekend and I am going alone, I guess I am taking 4 dogs... Shudder...

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
On my way to work I was thinking I have been without Malinois misdirected bites for a long time after seeing a friends bite photo.

Sloan just bit my girly parts, hard. I was getting her amped up and frustrated and she got pissed and nailed me.

Owie.

Additionally, too many see the pretty aspects of the breed, like the bad assery of pit bulls. I always delete or make private my awful videos for fear of holier than thou Internet trainer backlash but sometimes I regret that and wish people did see the hardships that turn these dogs into such amazing working machines.

Oh and that vent was not just for this breed, I have a TON of clients here with hunting line labs and goldens "because they're healthier" who are drowning in energy and drive, lost with no "good family pet" in sight.

People need to stop lying to themselves and assuming they'll be the exception.
Rumor has tagged my sisters/their boyfriends more than once. They get her super riled up, and it ends in teeth making contact with something, usually a leg, out of sheer frustration. Hard. The response, of course, is always confusion. "She doesn't do that to you!" :rolleyes:

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
Having been homeless before, would it help to look at this from a different angle?

Can you afford a working beater car before you have to be out?

Lucky for me, when I was homeless I still owned a car. As long as you own a car you can be warm, dry, and secure. And you can have your dogs with you. Check into shelters, friend's houses to find a regular place to shower and things so you're presentable for work.

Just remember that it's temporary. The situation you're in is temporary. Do whatever you can to keep your job. Your dogs won't mind living in a car with you. The weather's still cool enough that they'll be okay, or maybe you can find a friend who won't mind watching them in the day if you're worried.

It'll give you more time to find a good place to rent.

You could get your boss to write a letter to prospective landlords, or when you get paid go to the library and make photocopies of the checks to show them. The combination of the two should be enough for most landlords.

Good luck. ((hugs))
Thanks. Nope, no car. Got about $60 in my pocket right now, and Ill need to buy kibble in a few days with that. Get paid Sundays, and Ill get about 190-200 then. Not enough for a car, not by a long shot. Need to be out on sunday and if i cant find SOMEPLACE to stash my dogs while I work, im gonna have to quit this job i JUST got, too. meh. iv been looking everywhere, talking to dog people, etc. i can pay for a room i just need somebody to let me pay a little at a time >< and its gotta be on the bus line. ugh

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
No shelters allow pets? I know they tend to cater to homeless teens and mothers with kids (who wouldn't have left a husband without the pets) but they do exist.

Try Craiglist? Try a cheap motel?

pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace want food pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace more food plz pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace pace second dinner? pace pace pace pace pace pace

The race is on: Will it be time to go to rally class before I go insane? Keep an eye on the news to see if I had a spectacular meltdown.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
No shelters allow pets? I know they tend to cater to homeless teens and mothers with kids (who wouldn't have left a husband without the pets) but they do exist.

Try Craiglist? Try a cheap motel?
definitely no pet dogs in shelters, and even if they did, i cant leave my dogs at a shelter during the day while i go work. they are usually YMCAs or community centers that they throw mats down at night, and then at 5 am everyone get shoo'd out the door so that whatever the building WAS can resume. (can you tell iv been homeless before). motel would take ALL my money :( and again, cant leave my dogs there all day. dont trust motel staff:mad:

Members online

No members online now.