Moms and moms-to-be

milos_mommy

Do you all remember how many ultrasounds you had when pregnant and when? Also, if you had more than just the one mid-pregnancy ultrasound, do you know why the doctor ordered it?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Do you all remember how many ultrasounds you had when pregnant and when? Also, if you had more than just the one mid-pregnancy ultrasound, do you know why the doctor ordered it?
I had three

First was 11 weeks. We asked for that one. We went to a local Christian organization that gives free early ultrasounds. U/S techs have to have something like 200 ultrasounds with a "licensed" U/S tech under their belts before they can go out and get a job and this place gives them a chance to do that while providing a service to the community. We of course gave them a donation (and still do) and we also sent them flowers because I lost my wedding ring there and one lady dug through the bathroom garbage to find it out of the goodness of her heart.

Then the usual one around 18-20 weeks

The last one was a couple days after my due date to determine size. Praise the Lord they did this one because that is when they discovered my fluid was low and induced me. Only to discover after Hannah was born that I had a slow leak, two infections in the placenta and Hannah had Pneumonia

momto8

I had one with my single births, around 20 weeks.

With my twins I had so many, one around 10 weeks, one around 20 weeks and then one each week for the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy.

darkchild16

We are Home.
Bev I had 3 dating/gender then one when I had food poisoning.

Morgan 1 dating/gender

Savannah I had the first one confirming
second one for dating at the dr
third when I bled
forth for her gender
fifth for size and it ended up being the day she was born.

I THINK thats all with Savannah.

milos_mommy

Breeze, do you know why they did an ultrasound to confirm with Savannah but not with Morgan and Bev? Why didn't they just do a urine/blood test?

ACooper

I had my babies (2 of them) ten years apart. Lots of things were different for me, but one thing that wasn't were the ultrasounds. I had 2 with each child. One early on, one late enough to know sex.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
Caleb was one. Jacob was two. Twins was every appointment . Like 15 or so. Had late care with Caleb. Why only one. Jacob doc and girls doc was the same and he does two for singletons and he did his two and the other doc for the girls did one everytome for growth tracking.

zoe08

with Mason I had 7:
1 to confirm
1 a week or so later after some spotting
1 around 18 weeks - gender/check everything scan
1 about 25 weeks - they wanted to get a better look at a few things that they couldn't see very well at the 18 week scan.
1 about 28 weeks after a trip to L&D with contractions to check to make sure my cervix was still closed
1 at 31, because my OB just does a US in the 3rd trimester.
1 at 34 weeks because they needed to re-check his kidney

With Shay I only had 4
1 to confirm
1 at 16 weeks after contractions
1 at 22 weeks to get better views and measurements
1 at 31 weeks which was also after contractions to check my cervix, after that I went on to having regular NSTs

The reason why I got confirming ultrasounds at all was because I had 2 miscarriages before Mason. They generally do not even make first appointments until 8-10 weeks. But because of my previous miscarriages and due to those my OB puts me on progesterone supplements right away now.

I'm 10 weeks. At 8 weeks I had one because I had some bleeding. I'll have another between 10-20 for the anatomy scan and unless there's concerns or complications, that will be it.

Taqroy

I've had one so far, at my second appointment. I think I was at 9 weeks. I'll get another one between 18-20 and after that I'm not sure. Barring complications, I'm guessing no more.

zoe08

Forgot to add that they generally offer the Nuchal scan at 12 weeks, which is where they measure for possibility of down syndrome. I declined that scan with both babies.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Zoe- I COMPLETELY missed that you had Shaylynn. Where have I been? lol
Taq- You are preggo?!?!

I feel left out lol

That's all I have to put into this thread.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
We had two ultrasounds. The standard one at about 20 weeks (also when we found out gender), and then a second one that was schedule as part of the Non-Stress Test after he passed his due date.

jenv101

Bite Club
I've had two so far - one at around 12 weeks to confirm that there was only one in there, just because twins run in my family. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't have had one since we opted out of the genetic testing stuff.

My second one was at 20 weeks for gender and anatomy scan where they do measurements, etc.

I don't expect to have any more unless something unusual comes up or I go overdue.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
1st(daughter) - I had 3. She kept changing position so they kept checking. I also never knew what sex she was till she was born. Usually the first was about 14 weeks and then I lose track of what and when from there.

My 2nd & 3rd - only one each. And it was obvious they were boys. They had no issue letting the world know. lol That was also about 14 or so weeks

Nico we have had 4. The first at 18 weeks. He was showing large then because I have gestational diabettes. Then we had another one since they didn't get the heart valves in the first. That is when they suspected the cleft lip. So got a specialized one to further check that. And that is when we found out Nico was a boy. And had another one a few weeks ago when we saw a high risk pregnancy doctor. He was so happy with how Nico looked he told us to just keep seeing the doctor we were seeing. Hope that helps.

milos_mommy

I have no answers... but I wanna know why you're asking... LOL
LOL, because a friend with medicaid just told me she'd only get one ultrasound at 16 weeks, which I thought was weird...and then she said all doctors do it differently, I was wondering if it had more to do with risk or health insurance.

Members online

No members online now.