My poor neighbors

Doberluv

My neighbor's little Dachshund broke her back. They don't know how, but when they came home, it had happened, probably jumping off of the couch or something. They had her pts, she was suffering so. She was the cutest, sweetest, quietest little Doxie I ever met, an absolute darling. It's so sad. I will really miss seeing her when out on a walk. I'd stop and visit for a few minutes if they were out front and she and Jose` liked each other. Those poor people, a family with a lot of kids. They really loved her. They may be getting her litter mate which her Mom has in another state, but it may be only temporary. And they've gotten two little kitties just recently. But I know they're really sad about their little girl. :(

Then my son's friend just lost her pittie to bladder cancer, which got him thinking about Toker and that she's getting older and something could happen any time. I told him it happens. (sometimes I don't think he thinks it ever will happen) In fact, I think we tend to want to put that out of our minds. And I know lots of people on here have lost their dogs lately. I just want to say how sorry I am for those of you and everyone who is going through this heart ache.

I'm really sorry to read this. it's always a sad thing to see a dog go (especially when it is before their time)

I'm glad they have other pets they can love but it will always be a sore point.

Barb04

Super Moderator
So sorry to hear about both dogs. I know how we never want them to age and pass away. I have a deep attachment to several dogs in this neighborhood, especially the boxer next door; he's like my own.

Doberluv

Years ago when I was first married, we hadn't gotten our first dog yet as a married couple. The next door neighbors had a GSD that we just loved. He'd come over (those days and where we lived, it wasn't unusual for dogs to roam around the neighborhood) and hang out. He loved to come inside and hang with us too, which the neighbors said was fine. So, he'd come lie on our couch and visit with us all the time, kind of like he was partly our dog. lol. We were so sad when he got old and had to be pts. So very sad. I think that was about the time we got our GSD puppy.

In our next house many years later, it was a development of 5 and 10 acre tracts and there was also another dog next door. She really was like our dog and the people didn't care if she hung out with us all day practically because they weren't home ever. We'd let her inside during thunder storms because they didn't. They weren't bad people altogether, but really didn't pay much attention to their dog and didn't let her inside. She came with my Lab and me when I rode my horse which was every day pretty much and she loved that. She was quite thin so I fed her sometimes, which again...they didn't care one way or the other. So, yeah...she was like our 2nd dog...all the time at our house. When they decided to put her to sleep because of some arthritis, I was devastated because I think they got rid of her for convenience sake. She wasn't that bad off at all. I was pissed because if they had asked or told me, I would have taken responsibility for her in a heart beat. She was a big black mixed breed and apparently had some wolf in her. I think she had some kind of longer coated retriever in her and who knows what else. She was such a nice dog.

Members online

No members online now.