Irresponsible dog owners on my road

Purr

~3 Mutts~
Yesterday, I was walking Beethoven (I walk them all seperately, because I can't control all three together), and I went to the end of the road with him. Well, there is a house at the end of my road, and the owners of the house have two chi X's. They NEVER close their gate, and every time I'm down there, the chi's are outside. They are generally pretty good about staying in their yard. Anyway, I walk down there with Beethoven, and the little girl chi starts barking (she's about as big as Thoven's head, if that helps you to picture this situation better) and running towards us. I start to walk Beethoven back to my own house, because, I was afraid she'd come upto him, and he'd hurt her. Beethoven acted surprisingly well, for a dog who I thought was dog aggressive. All he did was bark; he didn't try to drag me toward this little phsyco chi, or anything. We walk back down the road, and I turn around, and the little girl chi is out in the road. Being who I am :rolleyes: , I put Thoven back in the house, and walk down the road again, to try and get her back in her own yard. She starts growling at me like she's a Rottweiler...OMG :eek: The little boy chi, who is friendly, was following her around, while she growled at me LOL It was actually very funny to watch. I did get her to go back inside the yard, and I didn't see her again, so I'm assuming she stayed. I'm afraid to walk down there, now, because I don't want her to bite my dogs, and I don't them to hurt her, either.

I have actually chased the little boy chi down the road, in my PJ's, in the dark because he got out, and I was worried that he'd get hit. :rolleyes:

I really wish those people would either close their gate, or get rid of those dogs. I could've called Animal Control, I suppose, but the little chi probably would've ended up being PTS, because she was so unfriendly. These people had a chow chow, when I moved here, and I was always so tempted to "rescue" him....he was matted, and left outside all the time (and, where I live, it's 80 - 90 degrees daily). They just aren't cut out to be dog owners. And, I don't think they speak english, so I can't even talk to them.

I was down there with Shelby, while the dog's owners were outside with them, and the woman was yelling in spanish at one of them. When I turned around, I saw the little girl chi slinking off, looking like she was afraid of being hit or something....

Anyways, sorry for the rant...It just bugs me that people can be so irresponsible with their pets.

Barb04

Super Moderator
They may be irresponsible dog owners, but Purr, you're a responsible one. I'm glad you were able to get Beethoven in the house safely and get the little girl back home even with all the growling she did at you. There are some owners that will never learn and don't want to learn how to take care of their pets.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
:rolleyes: Some people hey!! Good for you Purr for getting Beethoven home unscathed! I feel sorry for those little dogs!! :(

Purr

~3 Mutts~
Thanks, Barb and Gustav, and you're right; they don't want to learn to take better care of them. The little boy isn't even neutered, and I know he's old enough to be. If you're going to keep an unneutered dog, even due to health reasons, you don't leave him out alone.

No habla espanol? Are you sure there's no english language there? I would try and "talk" to these people... in a very friendly way and try and educate (how hard can it be to keep your dang gate closed? :rolleyes: ). If that doesn't do anything, the war is on!

bubbatd

Nothing is worse than wanting to go for a nice walk but having to choose your route because of stupid owners !!! Whether the dogs are fenced or loose it's no fun to havedogs barking and growling and nipping when you are handling a well behaved dog.!!!! Poor Beethoven , his pleasure time with you was violated ! Could say something ugly, but won't !

Purr

~3 Mutts~
I'm quite sure they don't speak english; they look maybe cuban, or mexican. I was on the verge of closing it myself, after I chased their little dogs back inside the fence. Maybe, if I close it, and they find it closed, they'll get the hint.

Bubbat, you're right, it's horribly annoying to have to choose where I walk my dogs because of someone who isn't smart enough to contain their's. I think I'll walk down there today, without the dogs, and close their gate. When they had the chow chow, the gate was always closed. I don't know why they keep it open now.

I know how you feel with irresponsible dog owners. These people down the street have a lab mix named Rocky. They let the dog wander around the nieghborhood. I know that if he ever wanders into our yard, Tippy'll tell him who's boss, but....heh.

Good luck wiht your neighbors!!

I know how that feels. I was at one of my friend's houses when his neighbor's chihuahua came out of no where and started to try to attack a Ford F350 pickup. This chi would have certainly been killed if my friend didn't pick him up and return him to his owners. Ugh they don't deserve that little monster.

-Jon

Members online

No members online now.